Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 01:33:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: 7million 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 7million  (Read 4246 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: May 29, 2009, 09:29:25 AM

7Million is different

Players take the role of a clever gentleman thief executing spectacular heists. 7Million has no violence and combat to speak of, nor thousands of skills, tables and repetitive monsters. Instead it is all about the player, not some abstract character class. Success comes with speed and dexterity, resourceful tactics and clever planning.
7Million is accessible

7Million should be one thing first and foremost: fun. No grinding, no complicated skill lists and rules - simply start playing and enjoy. The world of 7Million is familiar to anyone who has ever seen caper films or read a crime novel. Everything in the game should be easy to grasp and immediately fun for the player.
7Million is unusual

The game offers a number of new game mechanics and content and a fresh setting within the MMOG genre. Every action in the game is resolved by playing one of several various mini games - from cracking a safe to dueling another player. 7Million offers a world that looks beyond levels to things like reputation, coolness, leadership or popularity, defining the player as much as the character.
7Million is variable

Be it top-secret spy missions, a search for a missing person or the spectacular heist which brings the world's most valuable diamond into the character's hands, Paradise City offers a wealth of opportunities for players. But there is more: Duels with other characters, regular tournaments and specially designed social quests guarantee that there is always enough to do for any player type.
7Million is entertaining

The game takes a light-hearted approach to the genre, occasionally poking fun at genre stereotypes. And even people who normally cannot afford the time to play an MMOG will find the opportunity to play - many missions can be played in sessions of below 15 minutes alone or with a friend - even just dropping in for a quick session can be rewarding.
7Million is free to play

The game can be played for free even to the highest levels. Players may buy tools, accessories and clothes to help them succeed in their endeavors or just allow them to create their own individual attire. True enthusiasts may want to join the VIP Club for a monthly fee, which allows them to enjoy some special perks.
7Million is social gaming

In 7Million community means more than just a chat window - it is part of the game experience. The specially designed social quests are missions that can only be solved by interacting with other characters. Furthermore there are attributes which will be determined as much by a player's actions as by what other players think of him or her. And of course players may band together to form gangs and help each other master the challenges of Paradise City.

Its also in open beta it seems.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 10:01:38 AM

Sounds really interesting on paper.  Sadly, I've lost hope in the ability to translate ideas into implemented gameplay elements. 

It looks like a great context for an mmo with advancement that is minigame and puzzle based.  That gives me a little hope.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 10:05:05 AM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 10:03:21 AM

Here's the local mirrors:
http://www.gamershell.com/download_45848.shtml

btw:
That's phuckin BOSTON in those screenshots.  The Wharf area in the north screenie, Fannuel hall on the bottom.   awesome, for real

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 10:14:58 AM

I honestly really hope this game works, just to have another game out there that isn't a grind fest, and prove that other models can work.  Not my type of game, but here's wishing them the best for at least trying something different.
Xurtan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 04:13:13 PM

I enjoy this type of game, reminds me of a spy type version of Free Realms. Hopefully it does do well, even if I personally dislike the art style.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 05:50:56 PM

It was entertaining for the first 7 levels.  Then I started running into quests that required 2 people to complete.   Still, it's like puzzle pirates with a thief theme.  Nice concept.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 06:01:42 PM

The controls are definitely super clunky and are pretty much my main beef about this game; you can tell it's pretty much an afterthought to the puzzle portion.  Also, thematically it's a bit hokey although the jokes can be mildly entertaining at times.  The graphics could do with a few more choices to help smooth things out (game needs some AA for sure), and the framerates arent spectacular.  I only got to lvl 2 b4 my power went out (again) in my apt.   Hey, it's something to do eh.  Not bad so far.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 10:08:48 AM

So, is this a stealth game or a puzzle game? Skimming the description, it sounded like some kind of Thief-ish MMO; however everyone is talking about it like a puzzle game. swamp poop

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009, 10:19:59 AM

100% puzzle game.  There's no stealth about it (to level 8 that is).

-  Mark Twain
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 10:40:03 AM

Ahh, thanks for the heads up.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #10 on: May 30, 2009, 10:42:42 AM

I can't get past the fact that this gentleman thief game has people all hanging out in jeans and shit in those screen shots. It strikes me as totally wrong!

God Save the Horn Players
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 30, 2009, 10:52:33 AM

You're more like a petty thief.  I got to level 9 this morning and it's all breaking into places and solving puzzles.  It's nothing like spy/espionage in feel at all.  It's more like "Breaking and entering online"

-  Mark Twain
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 30, 2009, 11:13:48 AM

What's the group and/or endgame like?  Would be kinda cool if there were scenarios set up like in the movie "Sneakers."  Everyone will have a specialty and 1 particular task they have to complete to successfully burglarize.  Right now though, seems kinda boring so far...   

btw:  I'm in-game as "Montecristo"

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 30, 2009, 12:00:37 PM

I can't get past the fact that this gentleman thief game has people all hanging out in jeans and shit in those screen shots. It strikes me as totally wrong!

Yeah, I was expecting a bunch of Sean Connerys in tweed.

Over and out.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 30, 2009, 03:40:37 PM

Is it me or is the tetris game broken about 90% of the time?  It won't allow me to turn pieces after I complete the first puzzle of that type.  I've submitted a report, but wondered if I was missing a command.  The first game I can click on the pieces and get them to turn.  After that, clicking on the pieces does nothing. 

On a separate note, I like the idea here.  Sadly, the implementation is lackluster.  There's nothing to bring urgency to the game beyond a clock. 

-  Mark Twain
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: 7million  
Jump to: