Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:26:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Glee 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Glee  (Read 58637 times)
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #175 on: December 10, 2010, 10:06:08 AM

But does anyone besides Sauced and me think that Becky is basically a pirate's slave-monkey to Sue? Doesn't seem very pro-handicapable to me.
No. Sue heaps abuse on Becky because she treats Becky as if she wasn't handicapped. There was an early episode in Season 1 where Becky was in Cheerio tryouts or something like that and Sue insulted her performance just like she would've to a person without Down's. And Becky, I believe, appreciates that because it makes her feel like she's more like a regular person.

No, I remember all that but she doesn't ever insult Becky like she does everyone else, she just uses her to do her bidding. I mean, it'd be a lot funnier if Sue called Becky "Corky" once in awhile to keep it real, naw mean?  why so serious?

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #176 on: December 10, 2010, 01:28:43 PM

Given her natural born sister's also has downs, she's never going to heap abuse on her based on that.  Never.   Remember the episode where they introduced her sister and she donated to have wheelchair ramps installed.  She's got a soft spot for disabilities.  That's the main reason I see it as an elder/ younger sibling relationship rather than anything else.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #177 on: December 10, 2010, 02:15:05 PM

Yeah, I know all that! I still think it's fucked up that she treats Becky like her little henchman. That's all.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: December 11, 2010, 08:55:05 AM

Yeah, I know all that! I still think it's fucked up that she treats Becky like her little henchman. That's all.

Anyone in the position of henchman would be treated as a henchmen.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #179 on: February 18, 2011, 09:04:54 AM

"...consider my offer, not only am i giving visitation rights to the set of rambunctious twins that live on my rib cage, you get the chance to show that pastry face finn that he can’t mess with sam evans."

Love me some Santana.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #180 on: February 18, 2011, 10:18:17 AM

Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #181 on: February 18, 2011, 10:44:04 AM

Santana's had a lot to do this season, and I'm lovin' it. She's so mega-bitchy, just because she can be.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: February 22, 2011, 06:35:22 AM

I just love Santana.  Don't tell my fiancee.
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #183 on: February 22, 2011, 10:45:02 AM

This calls for another gif:

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #184 on: February 23, 2011, 01:18:13 PM

just cause I can...

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #185 on: February 23, 2011, 02:15:36 PM

I'd do body shots off of Heather Morris anyday!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #186 on: February 23, 2011, 02:33:51 PM

Lots of bitching on Facebook over this last one and how inappropriate it was.  Not to mention bitching that "teenagers don't all act like this." 
Erm.

The inappropriate one I can go either way on.  The show is rated PG not PG-13 after all and can push the limits at times.  Still, the important part of that rating is it means, "HEY, discuss this material with your kids!"  Funny that the ones bitching or saying they won't let their 10 year olds/ teens watch this one are the parents who I know get blitzed now and did so in high school.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #187 on: February 23, 2011, 03:21:16 PM

I'm glad there's bitching about it, because it means the show hasn't lost its edge. Every time the story looks like an After School Special, it twists it just enough to keep away from it.

Remember kids, it's ok to be drunk all week long in school, as long as you don't get caught!

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #188 on: February 26, 2011, 11:40:58 PM

Ke-dollar sign-ha

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #189 on: March 09, 2011, 06:45:51 AM

Well, they certainly went a direction I wasn't expecting with this episode.

Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #190 on: March 09, 2011, 07:51:07 AM

I think they stirred a lot of shit up. And a week before Regionals too! Whatever will happen next!

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: March 09, 2011, 08:58:23 AM

The quality of Glee episodes seems to be very variable over this current season; and my enthusiasm to watch the show has ebbed somewhat.

So I watch it in the background while doing chores, laundry and such, and that seems to work.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #192 on: March 15, 2011, 09:49:00 PM

OH MAN! Welcome back, Rachel.

Anyone think they're gonna get shit for that uberCatholic Tea Party character?

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #193 on: March 15, 2011, 10:12:00 PM

I'm sure they are hoping they do.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #194 on: March 16, 2011, 10:44:09 AM

Normally I fiercely avoid rightwing blogs, but the proverbial tears shed here tasted great with my morning mocha.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2011/03/16/kathy-griffin-glee-bashes-sarah-palin-and-christine-odonnell-depicts-

Edit: And here's looking back. The last paragraph made me laugh.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/19/kathy-griffin-glee-guest-star_n_825493.html

I think I'm getting so much catharsis out of this because like most people, I have friends who are hard right, and I had an altercation with one of them yesterday, right before the show. It made me pretty sad. Then last night felt like Ryan Murphy was right there with me.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 11:03:00 AM by Slyfeind »

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #195 on: March 16, 2011, 11:00:44 AM

Normally I fiercely avoid rightwing blogs, but the proverbial tears shed here tasted great with my morning mocha.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2011/03/16/kathy-griffin-glee-bashes-sarah-palin-and-christine-odonnell-depicts-

Oh man, that is good.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #196 on: March 16, 2011, 01:02:10 PM

I am kinda bummed Sue was just thrown in for comic relief. I was hoping she'd actually be part of the competition. But maybe the episode had enough going on already.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #197 on: March 17, 2011, 09:28:04 PM

Oh man, that is good.

Not to veer too far into politics, but oh god, the comments. Echo chamber circle jerks for the win.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #198 on: March 18, 2011, 07:35:02 AM

The weirdest comments to read in a thread like that are the ones that sound like they are making well thought out commentary. The "derp" type responses are eeasy to ignore, its the well though out ones that scare me.

voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #199 on: March 18, 2011, 03:02:08 PM

Yeah, it's totally Griffin's character that will alienate the rightwing nutjobs, and not at all the hot boy-on-boy makeout session (which was sweet, and very PG, but the first time I've ever seen gay teenage male characters kiss on TV).  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #200 on: March 18, 2011, 04:44:23 PM

Well, it's easier to rail against an obvious stereotype and look like you're not being a homophobic asshat than rail against the squicky boy on boy action and reveal yourself to be a homophobic asshat.

Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #201 on: March 18, 2011, 10:42:00 PM

Pfft! They didn't like Glee anyway!

Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #202 on: May 18, 2011, 11:52:14 AM

Was anybody else expecting Sue, at any minute, to go
WTF? Totally didn't work for me. Also, the "A" plot (auditions for star player) was filler, and boring.

voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #203 on: May 19, 2011, 01:57:53 PM

I was a little surprised that she didn't do that. Oh well. Sue has a little heart after all.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #204 on: May 19, 2011, 03:06:39 PM

I'm actually not, for all her inner bitch, Sue has always had a soft spot for her sister or anything that reminds her of her.  Her taking Becky into the Cheerios is just an example of that.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #205 on: May 19, 2011, 09:20:01 PM

Oh Sue definitely has a soft spot. But there was no indication to viewers that her sister actually died. For all we know, she could have hired the funeral attendants as actors. Bah, I feel cheated.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #206 on: May 19, 2011, 09:48:33 PM

Oh Sue definitely has a soft spot. But there was no indication to viewers that her sister actually died. For all we know, she could have hired the funeral attendants as actors. Bah, I feel cheated.

That's what I mean though, I don't think she would ever use her sister like that.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #207 on: May 20, 2011, 12:00:14 AM

I think she pretty clearly would.

Actually, it wouldn't be using her sister, in any way. It would be Sue and her sister cooking up some shennanigans together. They did it before when they "emancipated" themselves from their mother, in the wedding episode. They high-fived at the end, and read storybooks together. That's the sort of thing we were given to expect with this episode. So when that didn't happen, it fell flat.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 12:13:05 AM by Slyfeind »

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #208 on: May 20, 2011, 06:23:05 AM

No, she would not. Thats an area she will not cross. She may be evil, but he sister transcends this. Every villain has a reason for being a villain, he sister is a huge part of that. That does not mean she wont use her passing as more fuel however, hence running for office.

Also, hay look, the jock is gay and confused, who would have thunk it.  Ohhhhh, I see.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 06:24:38 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #209 on: May 20, 2011, 07:47:59 AM

No, she would not. Thats an area she will not cross. She may be evil, but he sister transcends this. Every villain has a reason for being a villain, he sister is a huge part of that. That does not mean she wont use her passing as more fuel however, hence running for office.

I agree that she wouldn't use her sister. But she would scheme with her sister, because she's done it before.

Also, hay look, the jock is gay and confused, who would have thunk it.  Ohhhhh, I see.

He's a big sweetiepants now.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Glee  
Jump to: