Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:37:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Repo Man 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Repo Man  (Read 2675 times)
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

on: May 18, 2009, 10:52:25 AM

Not sure if this is too old to post here but it's one of the great 80's cultfilms, repo man Harry Dean Stanton takes punk loser Emilio Estevez under his wing, soundtrack by Iggy Pop.

Trailers can't do this justice so here's a clip with Harry Dean Stanton clip

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 03:41:31 PM

Awesome film. Love it.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 05:02:38 PM

One of my all time faves.

Plate of Shrimp.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 08:59:42 PM

I should watch this again.  I'm sure I have it on DVD somewhere.  Excellent movie.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 11:52:28 AM

Actually though I felt the need to spread the word a little I haven't actually seen this since my VHS collection was made obsolete, maybe I'll download it.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Grand Design
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 06:54:09 PM

Repo Man is a fucking classic.

Roger Ebert has a rule that no film with either Harry Dean Stanton or M. Emmitt Walsh can be entirely bad.  This film is the exception and not the rule.
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 06:58:39 PM

Repo Man is a fucking classic.

Roger Ebert has a rule that no film with either Harry Dean Stanton or M. Emmitt Walsh can be entirely bad.  This film is the exception and not the rule.

I have that same rule.

But for Vin Diesel and Clive Owen.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHA.

IS HE KIDDING?

FUCKING IS HE?

... no  embarassed
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 07:31:02 PM

John Wayne was a fag.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 09:16:43 PM

John Wayne was a fag.

The HELL he was!

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 04:40:32 AM

Man, i love that actor who said that though. Always had bit parts everywhere (kind of like Stanton). I used to think he was secretly Cookie the Clown on the Bozo show. edit - on second thought though, he looks nothing like him
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 12:16:42 PM

I'll just leave this here.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Repo Man  
Jump to: