Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:11:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: Sacred 2 - Ascaron - PS3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sacred 2 - Ascaron - PS3  (Read 19458 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #35 on: June 10, 2009, 11:07:17 AM

Are you new to gaming?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #36 on: June 10, 2009, 12:11:23 PM

A buggy eurorpg? NO YOU SAY!

I love eurorpgs and have learned to live with the bugginess. Of course, the co-op in S2 does sound a cut above the normal wonkiness. Drakensang is not without a certain amount of fundamental oddness (pathing lol), but still a good game.

I still need to finish Sacred 1, dernit.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #37 on: June 10, 2009, 12:37:15 PM

A buggy eurorpg? NO YOU SAY!

I love eurorpgs and have learned to live with the bugginess. Of course, the co-op in S2 does sound a cut above the normal wonkiness. Drakensang is not without a certain amount of fundamental oddness (pathing lol), but still a good game.

I still need to finish Sacred 1, dernit.

It just doesn't make sense why it's programmed that way.  The online characters can trade with each other, but you can't do it local.

Makes no fucking sense.

But the game is god damn lootastic.
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #38 on: June 10, 2009, 02:07:11 PM

Are you new to gaming?

Wiseass.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Once split a 12.5lb burger with a friend.

Reply #39 on: June 11, 2009, 08:56:22 AM

I guess I'll save my 60 bucks and continue waiting for GameFly to send this. I've unfortunately been waiting on this title as I have a difficult time finding games I can play on the couch with the wife, that we both enjoy. At least it sounds like the lootasticness pro trumps the no-trade con. I am of course assuming this works the same no matter the platform since I'm 360 not PS3.
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #40 on: June 11, 2009, 09:26:36 AM

At least it sounds like the lootasticness pro trumps the no-trade con.

This is pretty much true - there is such a copious amount of loot that it's hard to get mad about not being able to trade. You can't buy everything that's dropped at the merchant, so some drops are really nice if you can score them, but it's pretty much a game about running around killing and questing and looting, and that's still fun.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #41 on: June 11, 2009, 10:27:05 AM

A little thought on character selection can help, also.  Just make sure anyone who *needs* drops is the "Main" player.  If Voodoo had started the game instead of me, we'd only have a few buggy quests and some seriously shitty frame rate issues to complain about.

Still, we've got a good 25 hours of co-op play in so far, but started to wear out on Sunday.  They did a fairly terrible job of creating interesting locations to quest in, or any large scale dungeon crawling to do, so it gets repetitive quickly.  It's an awful lot of running across same-looking plains and around same-looking forests and through same-looking mine shafts, wading through armies of angry oversized rats.
CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: June 18, 2009, 11:26:24 AM

So GF finally shipped me a copy.
I'm not sure if it's because I'm running 360 version, or if it was the game update that ran, or both... but offline co-op trading is in and working just fine. We've only given it under an hour so far so the jury is out, expect to flesh it out more through the weekend, but so no complaints. Well one complaint, the wife wants more hair style choices.  rolleyes

Edit: Correction - Couch co-op trading works just fine, but you still need to be connected to XBL service. If you're not connected you get a message that trading is disabled.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 10:06:21 AM by CaptainNapkin »
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: June 20, 2009, 02:03:03 AM

Wait, if you're signed into Xbox Live you can trade in single-screen co-op, but if you disconnect from XBL you can't?  swamp poop

Really debated picking this up, not being able to trade loot turned me off though; if you can on the 360 I may yet get it.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: June 20, 2009, 05:52:53 PM

Correct, even playing an offline game, you still need to be signed into your live account(s). I sign in with my gold account and the wife uses her free silver account. I had the cable guy out yesterday to switch over our phone service and that's when I realized disconnecting from live pops up the trade message.

That's the only hiccup the game has given me yet. I think the game is great, the enormous amount of options for developing characters has my game-ADD kicking into overtime though and I have at least one of east class built while I try to decide which to stick with for the multiplayer. Not that it matters since I can join in co-op with any. I think the only down side so far with local co-op is one of us has to wait while the other accesses menus for skills, inventory, merchants, etc.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: June 20, 2009, 06:00:58 PM

Ahh, thanks for the heads up. Guess I'll have to register my girlfriend a Silver account if/when I pick this up.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #46 on: June 20, 2009, 06:18:27 PM

I played Sacred 1 and liked it.  Played the hell out of it, actually.  By the time i was done I never wanted to play Sacred again. 

Sacred 2 is pretty darned similar.  I wish they would have shaken it up a bit, like from Diablo to Diablo 2.  I give it a "C". 
CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: June 21, 2009, 03:53:41 PM

Blacksmithing skill tooltip on the console version is misleading to the way it works, confirmed by dev somewhere on the official forums (read it earlier too lazy to go back and find it). The tooltip makes is seem as though you can smith in the field which is not so, you must still visit the blacksmith shop.

All that really means I need to stop visiting the game's forums, it seems every time I do I end up re-rolling my toon. Having a hell of a good time with a Temple Guardian/tank spec & Dryad/range-caster spec combo.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #48 on: July 07, 2009, 01:56:35 PM

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,689315/Sacred-2-Add-on-Ice-und-Blood-announced-First-screenshots/News/

Pretty much the url says it all, Sacred2 addon, created by the shattered remnants of Bankrupt Ascaron with help from Deep Silver (Koch Media) New class, new lands, new bugs!

Allegedly shipping 2H2009 Which is anywhere from 6 days ago to xmas, so I expect it in April.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #49 on: August 10, 2009, 08:04:54 AM

Figured I'd rent this first before I bought it - glad I did. While I can see some potential fun, the camera angle made me want to claw my eyes out. You should not allow a game to pan the camera down to the character to almost eye level and then stop just before you can actually see past your feet.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 08:24:59 AM by Bunk »

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
ffc
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: August 10, 2009, 12:40:35 PM

Figured I'd rent this first before I bought it - glad I did. While I can see some potential fun, the camera angle made me want to claw my eyes out. You should not allow a game to pan the camera down to the character to almost eye level and then stop just before you can actually see past your feet.

Well I bought it.  The camera angle alone was a constant source of frustration, and coupled with my character being unable to walk over a blade of grass or a single stone I stopped playing.  Lasting the few hours I did is a testament to my desire to play something like Diablo.

So then I played Diablo.  Again.
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #51 on: August 12, 2009, 01:31:20 PM

Well I bought it.  The camera angle alone was a constant source of frustration, and coupled with my character being unable to walk over a blade of grass or a single stone I stopped playing.  Lasting the few hours I did is a testament to my desire to play something like Diablo.

So then I played Diablo.  Again.

To be fair, in Germany stones and grass are too strong to be walked on. You must go around them.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: August 13, 2009, 11:45:46 AM

I'm still having fun with this in occasional, small doses. While the zoom can be somewhat annoying, I find that I spend almost all of my time in hack-n-slash games zoomed all the way out for max area visibility. Only time I zoom is to view how new items look when equipped, and in S2 I can do that while equipping them. Glad I bought this one so I can have it around to pop in whenever I feel the urge.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: Sacred 2 - Ascaron - PS3  
Jump to: