Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:29:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire  (Read 9844 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: May 11, 2009, 06:51:07 AM

« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 10:02:47 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 09:55:13 AM

When pronounced with the umlauts, Kröd Mändoom, it sounds like Crude Mandom. I imagine that's intentional.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 10:02:16 AM

"Those taint shootin' bastards!"

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 10:13:50 AM

I didn't expect it to be funny or well-acted, but it actually is on both counts. It really sticks it to all the unoriginal fantasy shlock that's come out in print over the last few decades.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 10:45:35 AM

I thought this show was awful!   swamp poop

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 10:55:55 AM

Kröd is Dörk spelled backwards.  awesome, for real

That said, I haven't yet been able to bring myself to watch it, dorky as I am.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Mr_PeaCH
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 11:04:50 AM

You only need one reason to watch it.  Her name is India de Beaufort.

But I agree with Paelos; it is cheesy in the best way.

COME ON YOU SPURS!
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 11:17:44 AM

awwwwwwwww yeahhhhhhhhhh.....

I can't help getting overtones of Airplane, Monty Python, and Terry Pratchett.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 11:56:59 AM

There's no overtones.  They blatantly rip them off, and very, very badly.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 01:18:24 PM

Says you!

I quite enjoy the show.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 01:56:34 PM

Says you!

I quite enjoy the show.

Says you!  I bet I'm more righter than you are! 

Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 01:56:49 PM

Ok, watched a few clips now.

I should hate this if my general taste is any indication, but it's fucken awesome! DRILLING AND MANLINESS

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #12 on: May 11, 2009, 02:09:58 PM

This is one of the few times I see something in the previews and think it's gonna suck, but the actual show really hits home.

Grimwell
Developers

[Redacted]

Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 07:00:44 AM

I'm the reverse.

My wife set it up on the DVR for me since I was travelling when it started. We sat down to watch it expecting great humor at the expense of my geekdom. I don't think we made it 15 minutes. It was just God awful stupid like a Ben Stiller film (that's a deliberate qualifier, if you think Ben Stiller is funny, we have a strong difference in opinion and shouldn't debate.).

Grimwell
HAMMER FRENZY
Contributor

Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 07:03:51 AM

I really enjoy this show. I thought it would be lame but it is pretty damn funny and I am sucker for fantasy stuff AND silly stuff. I think I have all the episodes so far on my dvr.

My Genesis games... LET ME SHOW YOU THEM!
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #15 on: May 12, 2009, 07:13:25 AM

Is it men in tights good?

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: May 12, 2009, 07:35:25 AM

Is it men in tights good?

There are moments of this.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: May 12, 2009, 07:43:36 AM

I'm the reverse.

My wife set it up on the DVR for me since I was travelling when it started. We sat down to watch it expecting great humor at the expense of my geekdom. I don't think we made it 15 minutes. It was just God awful stupid like a Ben Stiller film (that's a deliberate qualifier, if you think Ben Stiller is funny, we have a strong difference in opinion and shouldn't debate.).

Minus the wife and the DVR and that is about the same experience and failed expectations I had as well, knock on Ben Stiller and all. Although I find myself still not minding this show being turned on while I play whatever game on my PC and glancing over to see India DeBeaufort
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #18 on: May 12, 2009, 09:10:23 AM

Stiller's a good comparison to me.  I find him hit-or-miss and I find this show to be about the same.  Some stuff is just really funny, but it's all the other characters that are.  I don't find Krod himself all that funny.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #19 on: May 12, 2009, 09:21:44 AM

Krod's not meant to be really funny I don't think. He's supposed to be the semi-normal one reacting to all the insane people he has gathered around him, which can be funny.

The out and out winner in the funny moments department are the Bad Guy duo of Barnabus and Dongalor.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #20 on: May 12, 2009, 09:31:56 AM

You're right, he's supposed to be the straight man.  There's plenty of funny straight men out there based solely on their reactions and how stiff they play the part. Krod's not one of them.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: May 12, 2009, 09:51:02 AM

You're right, he's supposed to be the straight man.  There's plenty of funny straight men out there based solely on their reactions and how stiff they play the part. Krod's not one of them.

eh?

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #22 on: May 12, 2009, 12:16:50 PM

Cleese, Abbot, the department head from "Are you Being Served?" all brilliant straight men.  Cleese in particular can play it and be exceptionally funny.  Hell, even the lead on Big Bang Theory, the guy who was Darla's boyfriend on Roseanne, is a good straight man who can also be funny.  Krod, not so much.  Not sure what it is but I just can't like him as a character and blame the actor.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: May 12, 2009, 12:26:45 PM

"Are you Being Served?"

oooooooooooo, this again.  swamp poop

Just messing with you, i understand what you are saying, i just don't agree. His responses, and his ability to believe so purely in the virtues he does, make him a very good character. This fucker believes that honor, valor, and chivalry are all he needs. Even if his band of merry men are anything but. (a lair, a whore x 2, a stupid but kind hearted brute)

I have to ask, how many of you commenting, or at least saying the show is awful, have watched all 6 episodes?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 12:29:31 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #24 on: May 12, 2009, 01:16:50 PM

How is watching six episodes of shit not being a masochist?  You just have some sort of hard on for Krod, I think.  You gush over him.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 12, 2009, 01:47:34 PM

How is watching six episodes of shit not being a masochist?  You just have some sort of hard on for Krod, I think.  You gush over him.

I was asking, because i am trying to figure out the drop off point. The first episode, while i thought was funny, didn't hook me, it was the 3ed and on. I'm not bruce.

Grimwell
Developers

[Redacted]

Reply #26 on: May 12, 2009, 05:47:30 PM

I dropped off in the first episode.

I don't care how hot that chick is, the internet can save me the expense of watching the show and still deliver her best.  Heart

Grimwell
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: May 16, 2009, 07:09:59 PM

Yeah, this is one of the worst shows I've ever seen. The "humor" is painfully awful. A gay guy making gay jokes about people's swords - really?

The fact that some people enjoy this show totally bliows my mind.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire  
Jump to: