Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:26:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Mysterious Cities of Gold 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mysterious Cities of Gold  (Read 1291 times)
Velorath
Contributor

on: May 04, 2009, 09:20:36 PM

Mentioned this one once over in the comic book sub-forum during a discussion about cartoons and a few other people there also had fond memories of it from when they were kids.  Much to my surprise, I just found out that it was released on DVD last month (there's also a deluxe edition with a bunch of extras).

This was the first cartoon I saw as a kid that had a narrative that continued from episode to episode.  For those who have never seen it, here's the description:

It is 1532 and Esteban, a Spanish orphan, is on a quest to find his father. He joins a party of Spaniards as they search for one of The Seven Cities of Gold in The New World. Zia, An Incan girl named Zia, and Tao, the last descendant of the sunken empire of Hiva, help Estaban on his search. On their journey, the three of them discover many lost technological wonders of the Mayans, Inca, and Olmecs including The Golden Condor, a huge solar-powered airship, capable of traveling considerable distances under the sun's power alone. They are constantly pursued by antagonists Gomez and Gaspard, who are also in search of the Cities of Gold.

Anyone else watch this as a kid?  Thinking about picking up a couple of the DVD sets for my niece and nephews.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 10:09:59 PM

Watched it and loved it.

It and Belle and Sebastian were the two cartoons I watched as a young kid that struck me as oddly foreign in nature. Both had continuing plotlines, were slightly more mature in theme and had a different animation style. I'm pretty sure Belle and Sebastian actually was a foreign cartoon and reading Amazon just now looks like this was originally French.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 12:00:30 PM

I never thought it would get out on DVD. I remember downloading the bits and pieces people had put up on the internet, copied from old crappy VHS tapes.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Mysterious Cities of Gold  
Jump to: