Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:52:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Eve corp management tool 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eve corp management tool  (Read 9673 times)
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

on: May 03, 2009, 04:49:27 PM

Holy crap, the whole things needs to be completely overhauled so that a normal idiot like myself can figure it out. ACK! swamp poop

My question, does making somebody a director basically grant all roles?

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
sanctuary
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 05:18:44 PM

Yes
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 05:45:13 PM

Everything but the ability to make more directors, though they can grant any other roles (including the kind that allow huge corp thefts and fuckery) to other members.

Edit: Also, I told you so!
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 06:04:39 PM

Everything but the ability to make more directors, though they can grant any other roles (including the kind that allow huge corp thefts and fuckery) to other members.

I never doubted you i just underestimated the level to which their system is convoluted.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 06:05:47 PM

I never doubted you i just underestimated the level to which their system is convoluted.
Hi, you've played Eve, yes?
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 07:00:49 PM

Hi, you've played Eve, yes?

Well, to be fair, the fancier UI bits for stuff like POS / corp management are even *more* convoluted than the "basic" UI that 95+% of players are familiar with.  I was absolutely amazed at just how nutty the POS management panel was when I first got to use it to anchor modules.

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 07:10:58 PM

Roles for towers are horrid.  Roles for hangers are horrid.  Lockdown on bpo's, votes, interface itself, the utter lack of accurate, decipherable documentation.  The whole mess makes me want to pour boiling acid in my empty eye cavities.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 08:28:00 PM

The UI sucks balls, but it allows you to do a *lot* of different things.  POS management's godawful UI, for example, lets you set up one tower so that only directors can do anything to it except add fuel (say, for a station defense POS) while still allowing you to set the tower in the next system to be wide-open for any corp member (so someone can have a mining base without getting the capability of doing anything at other POS), and your JB's to be wide open for fueling and use by anyone the POS isn't set to shoot at.  By the same token, you can define and finetune permissions right down to the level of individual corp hangers, and get a lot of information on who has what permissions, who gave them to them, what other permissions that same person handed out, and when all of this happened.

If there was a slick UI for all of this, you wouldn't be able to do a tenth as much.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 08:52:39 PM

Well of course the failure UI is to blame for much of this.  I do think they need a help system though.  Understanding what tickboxes do what and in what order you must online this or that should not be an exercise in frustration, time, and ripoffs.  That is my larger issue.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 11:46:43 PM

Goddamnit, I clicked on this thinking it was a thread about Jade Constantine.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 10:32:59 AM

I am not sure i'm gonna make it in the whole corp management role lol. And I don't have any members other than myself and my wife so far lol.

This stuff is confusing as shit. ACK!

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 10:34:07 AM

You know how people go "lawl, why don't they just set premissions!" whenever someone gets a corp theft or scam?

awesome, for real

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 11:02:42 AM

I am not sure i'm gonna make it in the whole corp management role lol. And I don't have any members other than myself and my wife so far lol.

We'll accept you back in.  50m isk payable to me for each of you please   why so serious?

Witty banter not included.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 01:53:21 PM

We'll accept you back in.  50m isk payable to me for each of you please   why so serious?

Come on -- he can tell you're scamming because you're asking such a low fee.  Everyone knows that the standard application fee is 500M.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 02:44:20 PM

Come on -- he can tell you're scamming because you're asking such a low fee.  Everyone knows that the standard application fee is 500M.

Hehe, We are going to forge on. I'm determined to sink myself into some spaceship nut RP. My wife is turning out to be quite the low sec tackler.

Some low sec ratter abandoned his Raven............what the hell was he thinking. She tackled him and i warped my drake in and he left his ship and podjumped outa there. Docked my drake at the station and came back to hop into his raven. What an awesome day. Only thing i could assume was that he had way more money in implants in, than his Raven was worth. Also he had lasers on his raven. WTF!

Also had my alt in a blackbird on him too hehe.

Our little 3 man wanna be blackops gang we have is good fun. T2 ships to come soon.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 02:47:54 PM by Pennilenko »

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 04:14:13 PM

You stole a Laven?  That's fucking awesome!
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: May 04, 2009, 04:32:52 PM

Whats really funny is that i thought the whole Laven thing was a joke and that nobody actually used that build.

WayAbvPar

Reply #17 on: May 05, 2009, 08:12:58 AM

Whats really funny is that i thought the whole Laven thing was a joke and that nobody actually used that build.

Welcome to pubbie land. Enjoy your stay.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: May 07, 2009, 09:52:46 AM

You should have volunteered for the GIA program before leaving: the tip on how to grow as a corp are extremely useful and I used them with both Deii Feram and Bat Country, early on (very different aspects, of course, since DF was kinda open-recruiting).

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
mokianna
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: May 07, 2009, 07:42:10 PM

The UI sucks balls, but it allows you to do a *lot* of different things.

if you click on member, then edit member, then roles, then the tab that says 'general', a whole pile of extra drop downs shows up. Using them, you can set a member to be able to use a single tab, in a specific station, and not anywhere else. You also need to use those drop downs to set roles to use station research , manufacturing, and copy services.

Yes, its complicated, but very detailed on how tight you can set roles. The scary thing is, if roles are set that way, to access corp wallet, I don't think it shows on other role tabs. guess I have some work to do now, gonna test how sneaky roles can be.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #20 on: May 07, 2009, 10:15:24 PM

Yes, its complicated, but very detailed on how tight you can set roles. The scary thing is, if roles are set that way, to access corp wallet, I don't think it shows on other role tabs. guess I have some work to do now, gonna test how sneaky roles can be.
Which is why you need to do occasional security audits, see who has what roles (especially sensitive ones like Wallet access), the interface for which is equally powerful and equally complicated.  That was how we found out we'd given the ability to configure station services to everyone in the corp (it was a leftover from IT accidentally winding up in control of a Catch station, but was a somewhat bigger deal when we built our own outpost).  You can, for example, do a search to find every role that was assigned *by* someone, say when you've recently kicked out a Director and you're worried he might have a forgotten alt with extra privileges.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Eve corp management tool  
Jump to: