Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:34:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Star Wars Combine 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Wars Combine  (Read 6279 times)
WayAbvPar

on: May 01, 2009, 10:19:18 AM

http://www.swcombine.com

Apparently this has been around for like 10 years. Has anyone played it? I just submitted an app for name approval- want to make sure there isn't some sekret F13 faction before I join up with the goons.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 10:28:50 AM by WayAbvPar »

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 10:21:16 AM

What's a Combline?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
WayAbvPar

Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 10:28:39 AM

Damned fine question. Edited.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 10:55:48 AM

Ooo someone knows their SW:EU.

Kind of MUDy with a web interface.  I'll check it out.
WayAbvPar

Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 12:40:42 PM

Approved and created- Liryk Zevallos, Nabooian n00b. I am trying to decide if I want to start with a faction right away or just freelance. Apparently factions are good for income/jobs, etc.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 01:02:29 PM

Looks interesting, signing up. Looking at the skills page, it looks like a lot of stuff isn't implemented.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
WayAbvPar

Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 01:07:58 PM

It has only been in development for 10 years, give them a break!  Ohhhhh, I see.

I sent in an app to Tenloss Syndicate- saw them mentioned as always having jobs available for their members, so I thought I would give them a shot.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 07:48:44 AM

Is there a game like this for Star Trek somewhere? 
Every one I seem to find is set on a schedule (not persistent) and are usually just shipboard simulations.  I dont mind the shipboard stuff, but what I've seen is pretty meagre in comparison to this Combine... i.e. ginormous walls of text.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
WayAbvPar

Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 08:22:37 AM

I am pretty underwhelmed so far. The UI is about as indecipherable as EVE if it was all in another language. Not sure how long I will last unless I find the fun soon.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 05:37:03 PM

Giving it a shot since I'm needing a SW fix and work gets slow this time of year.

Lashki Azuria, Defel, currently on Af'El.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 05:55:33 PM

Looking at the Create a Character screens it looks waaayyy too far into the RP side of RPG. Let me know if there's anytihng worthwhile in there.

- Viin
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 07:30:28 PM

This game does not bode well for me. Instead of creating a character, I ended up researching species on the Wookiepedia for nearly two hours. Think I'll just set it aside for a bit...

The Baragwin dudes look interesting though. And who wouldn't want to RP as a Gungan or female Zeltron?!

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009, 10:28:11 PM

Hm, wouldn't let me in with a one word name (guess having a surname is more SW'y).  Also need to wait till someone blesses my handle, password and email.  Sigh.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 09, 2009, 07:18:49 AM

I can barely figure out how to do anything more than walk around.  Oh, I did rent a vehicle, but apparently I couldn't re-enter it after buying some gear because it would overload it.

The only tutorials I can find all say to join a faction, preferably before starting the game.  WTF?

Is there a game?  I'm begining to think this is a MUSH with a 2-D web interface and no abilities to actually create content.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 10, 2009, 10:36:26 PM

Yea thats how it looked to me Lantyssa; I never got as far as creating a character. The whole 'join a guild before you start playing' thing really rubs me the wrong way; I remember the bad old days of certain MUDs (y helo thar Achaea) that required you to join a guild to pick a class.  swamp poop Never a-fucking-gain. If theres one thing that ruins most multiplayer games for me, it's other people.  awesome, for real

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: May 11, 2009, 12:33:32 PM

I took great pains to create a potentially badass character, closed the window, never logged back in.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
WayAbvPar

Reply #16 on: May 13, 2009, 11:19:09 AM

Ha that is about my experience too. I just can't see any fun in it.

stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: May 13, 2009, 11:27:30 AM

Joining a guild in order to play is what killed the experience. I just want to jump in and splash water.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Star Wars Combine  
Jump to: