Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:27:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Dec 9 - SoE tries to force me to play WoW 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dec 9 - SoE tries to force me to play WoW  (Read 3012 times)
AlteredOne
Terracotta Army

on: December 09, 2004, 09:37:33 AM

Well, today Sony pulled two brilliant moves, which I honestly did not see coming.

1.  Without any warning or pre-announcement, on the day that many opening-day customers are scheduled for billing...  They stealthily tell subscribers that they can pay $22 for the All-Access pass, and get 4 extra character slots.  So, pay $15 for 4 slots, or $22 for 8.  So much for the "All-Access" pass being about playing multiple games!  I always thought 4 slots was constricting, but I hoped they would expand the number.  I did not figure it would come at the price of an almost 50% monthly increase.

2.  Today's patch shut off the ability to sell crafted items (and common monster drops) to merchants.  So much for leveling my crafter at any decent pace, and hello inventory nightmare!  Supposedly this is temporary, but it is a real body blow for crafters.

If SoE were the only game in town, maybe I would put up with this crap.  But meanwhile I have literally 100% of my ex-DAOC friends playing WoW, including about 5 who tried EQ2 and quit it.  I guess I am starting to feel forced onto the bandwagon.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 09:51:40 AM

1. Waaahhhh... Dirty old SOE is offering me extra stuff for extra money....

YOU BASTARDS!!!!!

2. Is it still shocking that SOE introduces bugs with patches and then has to emergency patch to fix it? Care to rehash any other 6 year old gripes? Want to bitch now how SOE decided to patch on YOUR day off?

Edit: Yeah I'm sure this come off as an SOE fanboi but seriously find something real to bitch about...
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 09:54:55 AM

Edit: On second thought, this thread can only go down. Way down. Don't make shitty complaints off the public boards. Make people who are paid to read whineplay deal with it.
AlteredOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 09:58:41 AM

Dude, you don't seem to get it.

There is no precedent for a MMO game charging nearly 50% extra, just to increase the number of character slots.  I have never seen another game do this.   Since I am in my free month and have not been billed yet, it's easy for me to take a break.  If they change their minds and offer the 8 slots to all paying customers, maybe I go back.

I happen to play with my wife, so this effect is multiplied.  $44/mo instead of $30/mo starts to add up.

And no it's not my day off LOL.
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 09:59:16 AM

Don't play extra characters. Play, like at most, 2. Locked.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Dec 9 - SoE tries to force me to play WoW  
Jump to: