Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 06:30:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Player Generated Content - COH 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Player Generated Content - COH  (Read 5534 times)
waylander
Terracotta Army

on: April 25, 2009, 06:40:03 AM

Player generated content passes all dev generated content within 24 hours

Since there's a forum for this game I put this here, but honestly its a good discussion for mmorpg's in general. 

NWN from Bioware gave me a good feel for player generated content.  Most were good, some were great, and some were horrible.  But over all it was a good system that gave a lot of life to the game, and helped keep it feeling new instead of seeing people get bored rehashing the same content over and over every few levels.

I would put in a survey at the end of these things and the players with the best content each month would be rewarded with some free game time for their efforts.  But I don't think I'd give players any reward beyond this, and I'd only give them a free month per individual mod that got voted to the top.

It will be interesting to see where this leads, but in theory it could lead to a lot of content to keep players happy while freeing up dev resources to work on balancing, new systems, etc.  Overall I think its a good move, and if done right perhaps other games would follow this direction.

Lords of the Dead
Gaming Press - Retired
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 07:07:53 AM

« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 07:09:54 AM by Trippy »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Player Generated Content - COH  
Jump to: