Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:16:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: LI tips 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: LI tips  (Read 2083 times)
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

on: April 18, 2009, 09:16:30 AM

Finally got my first LI unlocked and looking for some guidance.  The weapon I took is -5.0DPS than an other item.  Do I bother leveling this item for any future benefit?  Or do I wait until I get a better item like a second-age weapon?

Is there any benefit to leveling a third-age weapon?  Thx.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 10:19:06 AM

Finally got my first LI unlocked and looking for some guidance.  The weapon I took is -5.0DPS than an other item.  Do I bother leveling this item for any future benefit?  Or do I wait until I get a better item like a second-age weapon?

Is there any benefit to leveling a third-age weapon?  Thx.

Yes.  At first they tend to be weaker then quest or crafted items, but after 10ish levels they will outpower them.  Also, if you level items then nuke them you will get more relics.  Its probably one of the more fun parts of LoTRO!

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 10:23:59 AM

You should always be leveling as many LIs as you can.  If you have a large supply of them then just get them to level 2 or 3 and break them down.  When your supply gets low level the ones you have to level 11 and then break them down.  You want to be doing this constantly so you can build up a large supply of fittings and XP items.  When you get one that's pretty good keep it as your main and level it to 21.  Hopefully by the time it gets to 21 you'll have another decent one ready to take it's place so you can break it down and start over again.  Basically just follow this process until you're able to use the level 59 - 60 items.  Once you find a good level 59 - 60 item you can use your saved up xp items to boost it up to a decent level and then just keep it until you're able to get your hands on a second age item or better.

In the case of weapons that you're going to be using I would often use some of my xp items to level it up a bit and get its DPS up.  From there I'd level it to 21+ and then break it down when I found a new one.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 10:25:44 AM by EWSpider »

most often known as Drevik
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: LI tips  
Jump to: