Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:28:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Parks & Recreation 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Parks & Recreation  (Read 9243 times)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

on: April 16, 2009, 09:57:12 PM

Anyone else been watching this?

As someone who works in local government, it is a little too close to reality. But pretty funny.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 08:57:32 AM

Apparently the answer is no, as it's already got rumors of being canned in short order circulating.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 11:14:57 AM

Anyone else been watching this?

As someone who works in local government, it is a little too close to reality. But pretty funny.

A woman I graduated with is one of the writers, so....  refused to watch it lest I develop a major inferiority complex.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 01:18:09 PM

Amy Poehler doing Ricki Gervais isn't funny.  And she is, sadly.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 01:45:52 PM

Poehler is a hack.

I have never played WoW.
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 01:53:33 PM

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 01:55:32 PM

Amy Poehler doing Ricki Gervais isn't funny.  And she is, sadly.

Fixed.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 02:03:51 PM

The Office v3.0.....now with more suck. Anzir Ansari is decent though, I liked him in this season of Scrubs and was the only thing I giggled at with Parks & Recreation.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 02:39:59 PM

Amy Poehler doing and Ricki Gervais isn't aren't funny.  And she is, they are both sadly.

Double fix!

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 03:42:34 PM

Yeah I'm not a fan of Anzir Ansari, either.  Maybe he has another character type, but he was obnoxious on Scrubs and I wasn't sad to see him go.  He's just as bad here.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 09:28:38 PM

I like Poehler a lot but the episode I watched of this was pretty lame. Yeah, it's trying to do The Office uncomfortable comedy thing but it doesn't work as well here.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 10:29:40 PM

with luck her hubby Wil Arnett will come on the show as the Mayor or something and suddenly there will be cake and win.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 11:32:51 PM

It seems to me that their multi-million dollar brainwave was to say "okay, we'll take The Office and we'll totally flip it, we'll make it outside in the park" and then proceeded to make The Office, again. And it's not so good in the second or third* telling, is it?

* or more if you've watched French or German versions.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: November 06, 2009, 08:10:42 AM

Necro!

You should all be watching this. Best comedy on TV right now.

Ron F'ing Swanson!

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
schild
Administrator

Reply #14 on: November 07, 2009, 11:10:10 PM

Necro!

You should all be watching this. Best comedy on TV right now.

Ron F'ing Swanson!
Have you seen Californication or Community, and if not, watch them and get back to us on it being the "best comedy on TV."

TV is in a great place for good comedy right now, so there being another one strikes me as not likely.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: November 08, 2009, 08:49:57 AM

I watch Community and Parks and Rec is better.  Community is funny but uneven while P&R has really hit its stride.  Any show that can have a character riff on brunettes, sex, and breakfast meats is on a whole other plane.

I don't care for Californicaiton.

-H.L. Mencken
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #16 on: November 08, 2009, 02:58:29 PM

Fucking best episode ever.

That said Community is more consistent and Californication is beyond anything else.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: November 08, 2009, 05:39:58 PM

Californication is unwatchable dreck at this point, pure male fantasy.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
schild
Administrator

Reply #18 on: November 10, 2009, 01:00:15 PM

Californication is unwatchable dreck at this point, pure male fantasy.
Californication was always pure male fantasy. Trying to attribute anything else to it is just looking for flaws and a pretty terrible way to enjoy TV.
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #19 on: November 11, 2009, 11:39:25 AM

P&R has serious flaws (Poehler, Not The Office, etc.), but it seems like it's getting better. Community is pretty consistent lulz, and I was totally prepared for it to be unfunny since McHale's funniest show doesn't require him to act.

As far as my Thursday Night Lineup goes, I'm just glad that 30 Rock isn't insisting on pulling that horrific eyestab Rachel Dreck (or whatever) out from under her bridge anymore. For awhile it seemed like they were trying to squeeze her into every other episode, and her face and voice makes me vomit in my mouth.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #20 on: November 11, 2009, 04:13:39 PM

Blame Fae for that. SNL alums stick together, pulling the weaker ones along as they go.   Akroid & Chase. Sandler & Schneider.  Farley & Spade.  Fey & Dratch.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: November 12, 2009, 02:58:30 AM

Dratch is awesome! She was originally going to play the Tracy Morgan role I believe and be the main comic on the show within a show.

I think she's great but I'll admit her appearances on the show have been pretty lame. She was great on SNL though. She tends to play a fairly narrow range of characters and what she does is a little too hammy for 30 Rock I think. I have the same problem with Kenneth, he's a bit too much out of central casting compared to the other characters.

voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #22 on: November 13, 2009, 01:05:55 PM

She is still like a cheese grater on a flesh wound to me. I have never been able to find anything she does humorous.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
schild
Administrator

Reply #23 on: November 14, 2009, 01:32:58 PM

She is still like a cheese grater on a flesh wound to me. I have never been able to find anything she does humorous.
That might be because she fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.
Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: December 22, 2011, 12:52:43 PM

Im just gonna leave this here because, Ron Motherfucking Swanson
Oh and this show deserves much love.

Professional Forum Lurker.
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #25 on: February 23, 2012, 09:44:04 AM

Uhm, I just wet myself a little. And have a new Facebook profile photo.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: March 10, 2013, 02:52:05 PM

Arise again!

I just finished watching the first 4 seasons on Netflix and liked it a lot.

I think I originally didn't like it because it definitely had Office vibes and the first few episodes relied a bit more on painful, awkward humor. But the show found it's more light-hearted stride pretty quickly. It probably helps that the The Office isn't really a thing anyone gives a shit about any more.

Definitely worth trying again if you didn't like it at first.

Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: April 17, 2013, 02:18:32 PM

Patton Oswalt filibusters on Parks and Rec.
1 take 100% improvised, 150% awesome..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BBhNkywMJY&feature=player_embedded

Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: April 19, 2013, 08:20:43 AM

As a follow up to the previous post....
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 08:22:52 AM by Stewie »

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Parks & Recreation  
Jump to: