Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 05:32:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Madden Retires... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Madden Retires...  (Read 3990 times)
Grimwell
Developers

[Redacted]

on: April 16, 2009, 02:05:24 PM

Madden retires from the announcers booth.

While I respect his intelligence, knowledge of the game, and his impressive record as a coach... I'm glad he is stepping down. I couldn't stand him in the booth and was happier with him muted :)

Still, he's a living legend and this is a big day in NFL history.

Grimwell
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 02:14:57 PM

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
WayAbvPar

Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 02:22:42 PM

This has drastically improved the Sunday Night Football broadcasts. He has been a parody for 20 years.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 02:30:32 PM

He had gotten really really sloppy the last few years, as well as the parody thing. It was definitely time.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 03:05:28 PM

Maddenisms:

"Here's a guy, that when he wears his contacts, he sees better."

"When you lose your best cornerback and your punt returner, I'd say that's a double loss."

"You never want to go backwards in the endzone."

"You see John Lynch there staring at Martin Grammatica? He doesn't even speak English and doesn't know what he's saying."

“When your arm gets hit, the ball is not going to go where you want it to.”

"He would have scored a touchdown if he hadn't been tackled right there"

"A team should never practice on a field that is not lined. Your players have to become aware of the field's boundaries."

“Hey, the offensive linemen are the biggest guys on the field, they're bigger than everybody else, and that's what makes them the biggest guys on the field.”

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 09:57:55 PM

/good riddance

loved him in the 80s, back in the "here comes Dexter Manley" days but this is 10 years overdue…

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 01:06:03 PM

Aye, I have been waiting for John's departure for some time....but unfortunately his replacement, Chris Collingsworth, is not much better (arrogant told-you-so type guy).
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 01:52:23 PM

Aye, I have been waiting for John's departure for some time....but unfortunately his replacement, Chris Collingsworth, is not much better (arrogant told-you-so type guy).

No fucking way.  Are they serious?

I'll never watch a Bucs SNF game, ever.  Collingsworth is a fucking tool who should DIACF.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 04:17:52 AM

Just to quibble, the one about always practising on a fully-marked pitch is very true in the field sports I play. It stops drifting and prevents fast players believing they can go round people that they, in fact, can't.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Madden Retires...  
Jump to: