Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:08:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Anyone still playing? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone still playing?  (Read 33839 times)
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #35 on: April 24, 2009, 10:13:36 AM

From what I can tell, at least in my circle of online friends, when people do a trial of a new game they tend to do it in small groups. Like the 3 of us with CoX. Restricting people from the best part of the game, the part that will get them to subscribe, is stupid.

Step 1: team invite.
Step 2: HAY GUYS GO TO WESTEALYOURCREDITCARDS.COM ITZ FAKE MONEY FOR CHEAPZ

Thats just dumb Glaz. How about this?

Step 1: team invite.
Step 2: decline invite.

I have done a lot of trials lately, and as far as I can tell CoX is the only one that doesnt let you form a team(group, fellowship, party, whatever) and its probably the game where you need to group the most.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: April 24, 2009, 10:22:28 AM

I have done a lot of trials lately, and as far as I can tell CoX is the only one that doesnt let you form a team(group, fellowship, party, whatever) and its probably the game where you need to group the most.

No.  I return to CoH time after time because it's one of the few games I can solo without feeling like a second-class citizen.  You can solo beginning to end without missing much at all.  I can even solo a few AV's. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #37 on: April 24, 2009, 12:24:29 PM

No.  I return to CoH time after time because it's one of the few games I can solo without feeling like a second-class citizen.  You can solo beginning to end without missing much at all.  I can even solo a few AV's. 

Well, that shows you how long its been since I played CoX. Still, its stupid not to let trial accounts start groups.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: May 12, 2009, 12:34:03 AM

Me and my guild have been screwing around with CoH since last weekend (virtue server). It's surprisingly fun, and leveling is much much faster than we remember, even without the rest xp mechanic. I started a new level 1 blaster [because most of us weren't too enthused about playing our "main" villains, and our hero roster needs some damage dealers] and leveled up to 18 in 3 days, doing MA missions almost exclusively, and soloing 95% of the time (timezones suck).

And no, none of those missions were farmy; I just looked up a thread on the MA forums about soloable lowbie arcs and started doing them one by one. Some of them are a bit rough around the edges, but the majority are well done and enjoyable (I recommend The Invasion of Samurai Vampiresses from Outer Space to everyone, but a lot of others were really fun as well). As a bonus, I collected about 5000 tickets that I can spend on SOs the moment I hit 23, and bump up the mission difficulty a notch or two for even better xp.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

I wonder how pvp has changed, though... I remember back in 2004-ish it was really unbalanced, and dominated by CC / holds (anything to shut off toggle powers, really).

-- Z.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: May 12, 2009, 06:03:16 AM

I wonder how pvp has changed, though... I remember back in 2004-ish it was really unbalanced, and dominated by CC / holds (anything to shut off toggle powers, really).

PvP still isn't really very good but it's no longer dominated by CC/Holds, at least not like it used to be.  So at least it's a bit better.  Be aware that almost all powers (especially CC and damage powers) have different values in PvP than in PvE.  You can look up the values in the new power detail window and toggle between PvE and PvP to see the difference.

Over and out.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Anyone still playing?  
Jump to: