Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:52:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Free Trial now available. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Free Trial now available.  (Read 7490 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: April 02, 2009, 03:57:12 AM

In what I consider the dumbest move ever, Funcom launched today the Free Trial. It struck me as they REALLY need new people, cause everything pointed to a june re-launch with the new item system and content. Bah.

http://www.ageofconan.com/trial

The client is 17 gigabytes.

Free 'Age of Conan' trial now Live
Funcom is proud to announce that ‘Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures’ is now available as a free trial.

Funcom, Fileplanet and Ausgamers have teamed up to provide gamers everywhere with the opportunity to download and play ‘Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures’ for free for a period of seven to fourteen days. This is the chance to experience the brutal, savage and sexy world of Conan where you can live, fight and explore in the world of Hyboria together with thousands of people from across the globe.

“The time has finally come for us to open the flood gates,” says Morten Larssen, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Funcom. “There is a world of gamers out there who have never played ‘Age of Conan’ and we want them to experience what hundreds of thousands of gamers have before them. The game has matured tremendously since launch, and we feel confident that this is the time to launch a trial. ‘Age of Conan’ is simply bigger and better than it ever was, and we want both new and previous players alike to experience that!”

All you have to do to start playing ‘Age of Conan’ today is visit the www.ageofconan.com/trial website, download the game and off you go. Funcom has also teamed up with Fileplanet and Ausgamers, and depending on which source you download from you will receive between seven to fourteen days free play time and a host of special rewards. Various websites across the world will also be doing exclusive give-aways where gamers can receive a special key that will unlock rare virtual items in addition to the free trial play time.

Funcom   Oliver 'Tarib' Kunz
Senior Community Manager

Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 05:49:07 AM

I gotta agree with you on both counts. Its too early but they apparently need the revenue. I'm still waiting for the big patch before trying it again, though.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 07:41:49 AM

Yeah, I'm hoping the 7 days doesn't start till I log in, but I doubt it... I have shitty internet service, so it will probably take me a day total to dl the client, and I can't do it all at once.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 07:43:22 AM by FatuousTwat »

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 09:03:58 AM

There's mention of 14 day trials,but I haven't been able to find them. Still, the initial impression the game caused on me was nothing short of terrific for an mmo.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 09:50:22 AM

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 11:31:25 AM

I loaded a trial up because I've been on the fence.  Something's off with the graphics I need to fix.  Bloom is off but everything is bleached out, and textures look EQ1ish.  Gah!

Anyways, once I get that squared away, I should just sub. 
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 02:27:18 PM

Will be playing on Tyranny after some other chaps finish downloading the client.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Hayduke
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 09:09:55 PM

Figures they release a fully patched digital download version right after I buy an unpatched version.  But good move on their part, hopefully this will mean more newbies for me to be lost with.
nurtsi
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 03:48:58 AM

I downloaded the patcher from TPB and then used that to get the entire client. It was "only" 13GB to download. I don't what I'm missing now, but I can play.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009, 06:11:54 PM

Some friends and I have downloaded this as a potential LAN weekend game. I've never played it but I seem to remember the first section is single player? How long does that take to complete?

Going to have to remove it from the list if it would take the entire weekend before we could actually group.

Thankfully my ISP had the files mirrored so the download was fast and free. Otherwise, ouch.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009, 07:03:08 PM

The obligatory SP part takes 30 minutes to complete, tops. You can group as soon as you zone into tortage.

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 07:36:33 PM

Thanks, looking forward to trying it this weekend.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Xeyi
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 02:44:02 AM

One thing to note for new players trying to make a group is that there will almost certainly be more than one instance of Tortage once you get there.  You'll have to be in the same one before you can see each other.

Unless things have changed since I last had to do this then it's possible to change instance by standing on a res pad and clicking the small arrow near the mini-map. There's a res pad just outside Tortage to the left of the main gate.

I think it's also possible for the group leader to right click members and click something like "summon to instance".
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 08:04:03 PM

Holy christ, I had forgotten how long it takes to install this........ Ohhhhh, I see.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #14 on: June 12, 2009, 11:45:23 AM

It is worth it though. Don't believe the hype. And get in a guild. And pew pew.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Free Trial now available.  
Jump to: