Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:55:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: ikariam 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ikariam  (Read 8002 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: April 01, 2009, 11:59:28 AM

www.ikariam.org

Did not see a thread for this...could be cool.

I made a guy on the world "Ny".
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 12:04:14 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 01:20:05 PM

Signed up, this game is far too heavily RMT based compared to say, The West or Nile Online.

At least the benefits are insanely tangible.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 01:30:35 PM

Signed up, this game is far too heavily RMT based compared to say, The West or Nile Online.

At least the benefits are insanely tangible.

I was turned onto it by an E-Friend. After playing it for a bit, its almost just like Nile online. That's not a bad thing.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 02:04:06 PM

I played this for some time last year during beta until an unfortunate incident led to me being banned.

It's simple and kinda fun. As with anything, using volunteers for your GMs causes problems, news at 11 etc.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 02:06:02 PM

It has troops, so I assume it has PVP.  How shitty is it?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 02:09:46 PM

I played this for some time last year during beta until an unfortunate incident led to me being banned.

It's simple and kinda fun. As with anything, using volunteers for your GMs causes problems, news at 11 etc.

And what was that "accident?"
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 02:27:52 PM

My island was attacked by the wrong alliance of exploiters.

After providing screenshots of said players exploiting against me and direct links to the forum where it stated these things were punishable by banning, I was told to STFU because it's a WAR GAME by a GM after about 3 days.

After I questioned his customer service skills, this was what I received:

First of all, you don’t pay for anything so you are not a customer. Second, I don’t get paid to do this, so keep your idealism about how I should behave to yourself. Third, you weren’t clear in your post that you suspected ******. You also didn’t include ********** for me to check out.

I wasn’t being ’snarky’ and I did not ignore the entire thing. This is the way things are. Unless there’s a rule broken there is NOTHING I can do and it IS a war game. Don’t like it? Don’t play.

I did in fact include several links to screenshots, chat logs, and direct links to which rules were broken. Soon after reminding them of this, I was relieved of access to my account.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 02:30:06 PM

I'm willing to give it a go if it doesn't turn out to be midnight raids, a week of nothing but resource gathering, and a good solid Alliance on our part.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 02:33:06 PM

I wouldn't after Azaroth's post.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 06:01:01 AM

My island was attacked by the wrong alliance of exploiters.

After providing screenshots of said players exploiting against me and direct links to the forum where it stated these things were punishable by banning, I was told to STFU because it's a WAR GAME by a GM after about 3 days.

After I questioned his customer service skills, this was what I received:

First of all, you don’t pay for anything so you are not a customer. Second, I don’t get paid to do this, so keep your idealism about how I should behave to yourself. Third, you weren’t clear in your post that you suspected ******. You also didn’t include ********** for me to check out.

I wasn’t being ’snarky’ and I did not ignore the entire thing. This is the way things are. Unless there’s a rule broken there is NOTHING I can do and it IS a war game. Don’t like it? Don’t play.

I did in fact include several links to screenshots, chat logs, and direct links to which rules were broken. Soon after reminding them of this, I was relieved of access to my account.

How could you possibly question this type of customer service?

Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 11:18:13 AM

I've been playing on the Delta server.  Got a pretty good sized town going and I'm in a very active and easy going/fun as hell alliance there.

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 07:55:09 AM

Not really telling anyone to avoid the game. I'm sure the same kind of thing is going on anywhere there is volunteer customer service.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 03:04:58 PM

I played a lot of this game last year and I gotta say it's the most time-consuming out of most of the pbbg out there.  It is also basically the best of them (or at least was).  It's been compared to Travian but imo Ikariam is better.  Things get a bit too hot to handle when you have large guilds, alliances, and many many towns/islands to maintain and yah, pvp skill/timing are paramount.  Organization is key.

A lot of people left when they messed around with the pricing structure though.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: July 05, 2009, 10:14:06 AM

I notice a new server ("Xi"), went up pretty recently. Nobody seems to be past level three or four town size yet, so it can't have been up longer than a week or so.

I'm at 25:89, on a crystal island. If anyone wants to join.

I can't promise I'll play long. But I remember it being a mildly entertaining distraction last time.

Just don't expect any sort of customer service.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: July 05, 2009, 02:10:16 PM

You continued to play after they shit all over you?
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: July 05, 2009, 02:58:11 PM

It's been long enough since playing that I thought I'd give it a whirl when I saw there was a new server. I don't really have an immortal blood feud because some volunteer customer service kid is a jerkoff. I felt like playing it a little after a year and a half or whatever, so I did. I guess.

It's less fun than I remember (and I don't remember it being THAT fun). But all of these games are pretty bad and feel like they were made by two guys and a 10k budget.

I guess past experience has helped me to see the disconnection between CS and companies. Especially volunteer CS. I just can't give enough of a fuck to get into massive nerdrage boycott mode.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: ikariam  
Jump to: