Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:58:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Red vs. Blue - Sisi Test Server Event - April 2nd 21:00 ET 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Red vs. Blue - Sisi Test Server Event - April 2nd 21:00 ET  (Read 2167 times)
Gets
Terracotta Army

on: March 31, 2009, 11:54:13 AM

Red vs. Blue is a chance for people to hang out, shoot each other for fun and test their ship setups on the EVE Test server called Singularity (Sisi). Doesn't matter what your allegiance is on the main server, as this is strictly for talking with fellow posters, having good fun and an education in internet spaceships. For all this you need to have the latest Sisi client installed, either by copying your existing EVE client to a separate folder and patching it or (this method is prone to fail) download and install the full test client. Then add "/server:87.237.38.50" to the client's shortcut. Be sure not to overwrite your existing EVE installation!

1) Complete test server instructions can be found HERE
2) server rules HERE
3) other info including client build and mirror dates HERE

When you have the Sisi client installed fly to the FD-MLJ solarsystem in Syndicate, preferably before the event. There are several Free For All attle beacons for different variations of ships. These are the only places you can have non-consensual PvP on the server! The best part about it is everything on the market is seeded at 100ISK per unit. From Iron S ammo to Dreadnaughts. Always buy ships and modules in stocks of 100 and ammo at even bigger ones for saving time. Pre-buy and fit all your ships, mods and ammo before the event! This can be easily achieved by buying everything in bulk and using the all-new fitting tool to save your fittings and using them to quickly create multiple rows of fitted ships. Read about specific shiptypes below.

On the marked day we will all get in system, check to see what comms we can use (Have TeamSpeak or Ventrilo installed tia) and divide ourselves into two fleets - red team and blue team. After that there will be a series of face-offs as one team jumps through the gate into the other one. There are only three rules of engagement:

1. You can warp away, but you must warp back in on the gate after you do, unless you're the last one alive in your fleet.
2. No peeking at the other fleet to see what ships they have in advance.
3. NO PODDING!

Everything else you're allowed to experiment with, this includes stuff like faction implants and T2 ammo. This is on the test server, so test!

DAY: THURSDAY, APRIL 2ND - TIME: 21:00 EVE/GMT - 23:00 CET - 4pm EST - 2pm Los Angeles - 8am (April 3rd) Melbourne

First battle: Frigates vs. Frigates! Is your Rifter ceftelicious? Blind them with Navy Slicer headlights maybe?
Second battle: Cruisers vs Cruisers! Will we see a fleet of T3s for the first time? Hells yeah!
Third battle: Battleships vs. Battleships! Because it wouldn't be fair to Gallente to not skip Battlecruisers.
Fourth battle: Grab your guns! No FC is going to save you now! Every pilot for himself! It's time for...

« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 11:25:20 AM by Gets »
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 07:23:19 PM

What about safespotting replacement ships?

Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 11:26:50 PM

For the sake fair play I'd prefer if one team would be docked while the other undocks and gets into position, but if safespotting ships helps you get into them faster then by all means.

As this is today everyone wishing to participate should install the Sisi client early, join the the "F13" channel in-game and start setting up at least four ships for the four skirmishes. If you don't have enough ISK on Sisi, then just insure some ships for as much as possible and get them blown up in the FFA beacons. Instant cash. The F13 Ventrilo server was offline yesterday and right now has had its channels wiped. If no one can recommend other voice communication for us to use, then we'll rely on EVE Voice, so turn those on if the need comes.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 01:03:04 AM

I would have loved to come along - this was great fun last time - but the notice was a bit short, I'm afraid.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 01:06:17 AM

For the sake fair play I'd prefer if one team would be docked while the other undocks and gets into position, but if safespotting ships helps you get into them faster then by all means.

As this is today everyone wishing to participate should install the Sisi client early, join the the "F13" channel in-game and start setting up at least four ships for the four skirmishes. If you don't have enough ISK on Sisi, then just insure some ships for as much as possible and get them blown up in the FFA beacons. Instant cash. The F13 Ventrilo server was offline yesterday and right now has had its channels wiped. If no one can recommend other voice communication for us to use, then we'll rely on EVE Voice, so turn those on if the need comes.

No - I mean having 5 ships parked in the system so when you get blown up you can come back :O

Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 02:13:51 AM

Yes, of course, but we'll keep it one ship per fight unless stated otherwise.

I had fun testing out the proposed Stealth Bomber changes (meh imo) and my PvP Oneiros almost took out an Astarte.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 06:26:50 AM

How'd it go? Doin it again sometime?

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 06:57:39 AM

It went with me duking it out alone with some random people in FFA, which is appropriately named as at one time I was being tackled by a Goon while getting shot at by an EXE guy.

I'll reschedule another RvB for next weekend to see if more people. Stuff started going down in Delve just before 21:00, as usual when I try to host something, and it was on short notice, yes.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Red vs. Blue - Sisi Test Server Event - April 2nd 21:00 ET  
Jump to: