Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:46:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Moon distribution in EVE 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Moon distribution in EVE  (Read 9659 times)
Sir T
Terracotta Army

on: March 24, 2009, 07:24:05 PM

Ok I was having a nose though Dotlan and I came up with this.

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/region/moons

Now this is not exactly official as it relies on people reporting where moons are BUT it shows some interesting trends. Since this relates to the war but I didn't want to crap that thread up I'll focus on the Regions that were directly involved and I'll just focus on R64s

pro     dys     neo     thu

Delve    16    10    12    7

Detorid      3     3     1     4

Esoteria    16    9    9    11

Feythabolis  7    3    11    8

Fountain    20    14    16    8

Querious    9    10    19    9

Scalding Pass    2    -    -    1

Stain    15    3    6    5

Tenerifis    1    3    14    7

Ok take a look at that. For one thing Delve alone is worth more than the 3 rejoins Goonswarm abandoned to migrate there COMBINED. And since BOB never released the info on a third of the systems there its probably worth a lot more than that.

Oh and one Low sec anomaly....

Aridia        7     6     7     3

Aradia has nearly as much rare moons as the rest of empire. Combined.

As Sherlock Holmes might say... wtc. You don't need a tinfoil hat at this point to spot a pattern.

Hic sunt dracones.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 08:16:00 PM

Pfft, you are not even TRYING to put on the tinfoil.  The 3 conquerable stations in delve got added after Bob had control and they actually got something in exchange thanks to some rp deal they got alliance standings at the least.  I am not even sure the moons were populated fully before they moved in(or repopulated), though that could be wrong.  Hard to get concrete info about things like that.  
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 08:25:58 PM by Pezzle »
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 08:24:48 PM

They weren't. AFAIK they moved to Delve before towers and moonmining and sov. NOL was originally a conquerable station, which means it was a fully equipped outpost that got placed there for free. They definably were there when CCP started the 0.0 improvement project that started with Delve and never went anywhere else.  swamp poop

Hic sunt dracones.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 08:28:12 PM

That Dotlan moon listing is also inaccurate in various ways about various regions, as should be expected.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 01:51:31 AM

Fountain seems like the place to be, you guys should take that one next.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 02:22:24 AM

Pfft, you are not even TRYING to put on the tinfoil.  The 3 conquerable stations in delve got added after Bob had control and they actually got something in exchange thanks to some rp deal they got alliance standings at the least.  I am not even sure the moons were populated fully before they moved in(or repopulated), though that could be wrong.  Hard to get concrete info about things like that.  

Huh, I  wonder if these standings got carried over to BOBR?
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 02:53:15 AM

BOBR is just Kenny renamed, so I suppose it depends if Kenny had any standings along side the original BoB.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 04:42:52 AM

BOB gained overall standings with the blood raiders for free, which means that every BOB member that wanted to run missions could skip level 1 and the lower quality level 2 agents so they could build standings faster than Goonswarm will be able to.

When they jumped into kenzuko, kenzuko was a different alliance that they joined, as Darius forced them to with his Wardec. They were all wardecced so they could not form a new allaince with those Corps. Since beaver is kenzoku renamed, they will still have the old kenny standings, not BOBs.

That said, if they were given BOBs standings on the sly, thats another reason to start screaming. You can check their standings from their info in game. If its 2 or more then its time to get suspicious. I think BOB had standing 4.

That Dotlan moon listing is also inaccurate in various ways about various regions, as should be expected.

Its compleatly accurate for Empire. So the sweetness of Aradia is glaring.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 05:04:35 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 07:53:01 AM

Yeah, Kenny would love that (that's where PL live).

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 08:43:49 AM

They definably were there when CCP started the 0.0 improvement project that started with Delve and never went anywhere else.  swamp poop

Well, time to pick up that project again.  They can start as soon as BOBR takes some space.   Tinfoil Hat

Witty banter not included.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 08:40:10 PM

Yeah, Kenny would love that (that's where PL live).

Oh hah, you the general 'you guys' already DO have it.

Carry on then!

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 09:12:44 PM

Aridia also has a lower overall security rating than most Empire regions, a large part of why it has always been such a pirate haven is that it has no useful navigable routes that are all high-sec (only 5 systems above 0.50, out of 80).  Security and moon grades are tied together.

And I know that Querious survey can't be accurate.  Because I shot about 2/3 of those moons, and I know not all the good moons went in the database because I held some back.  I expect the guy who shot the other third did the same.  And nobody ever got around to shooting the 3 "lost constellations".  I expect "Moon Count" as given in those charts has more to do with how honest and complete the initial survey was, rather than actual differences.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 09:18:28 PM

Aridia also has a lower overall security rating than most Empire regions, a large part of why it has always been such a pirate haven is that it has no useful navigable routes that are all high-sec (only 5 systems above 0.50, out of 80).  Security and moon grades are tied together.

9 high sec systems actually.

Hic sunt dracones.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 09:19:15 PM

MOOOOOOOOOONS make people fucking crazy.  I hate moons.  Nerf moons!
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 09:23:12 PM

There are 4 systems between 0.46 and 0.49, I guess those round up to 0.5 (but do they actually have the NPC ships to go with that?).  Still, it has a far lower average Security rating than any other Empire region.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 09:23:44 PM

MOOOOOOOOOONS make people fucking crazy.  I hate moons.  Nerf moons!

I sort of agree actually.  There should be more worth fighting over than a few high end moons.  Simply holding moons should not be the cash register it is.  You want easy income?  Ok.  If you really want the money then do development.  Adding more elements to sov would help this.  Eve economy is a silly thing.  
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 09:26:15 PM

There are 4 systems between 0.46 and 0.49, I guess those round up to 0.5 (but do they actually have the NPC ships to go with that?).  Still, it has a far lower average Security rating than any other Empire region.

--Dave

Yes they do. I know Aradia quite well, used to do a lot of trading there. There was some very nice NPC trading opportunities.

Hic sunt dracones.
WayAbvPar

Reply #17 on: March 26, 2009, 09:42:30 AM

M-O-O-N that spells space war.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
schild
Administrator

Reply #18 on: March 26, 2009, 09:43:09 AM

M-O-O-N that spells space war.

You just made my absolutely dismal life a tiny bit brighter.
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: March 27, 2009, 11:44:18 AM

When they jumped into kenzuko, kenzuko was a different alliance that they joined, as Darius forced them to with his Wardec. They were all wardecced so they could not form a new allaince with those Corps. Since beaver is kenzoku renamed, they will still have the old kenny standings, not BOBs.

I've seen this mentioned a bunch, as well as a lot of people saying it didn't work at all, and am not sure why it's still getting repeated.  From my memory of the original Darius post, he said that BoB corps wouldn't be able to join any alliance while wardecced.  It's clear they were able to join a new alliance immediately, so I don't see how the decs could've prevented them from creating one-just make a new alliance with an executor corp and bring the rest in, which is no different than using the exisiting Kenzoku alliance and bringing the rest in.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: March 27, 2009, 01:02:22 PM

Yeah it seems that they just believed Darius vOv

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Moon distribution in EVE  
Jump to: