Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:52:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: This game any fun? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: This game any fun?  (Read 29173 times)
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: April 12, 2004, 09:44:34 PM

Yeah, it is like really hot slush.  Devastating.  hehe.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #71 on: April 13, 2004, 03:18:46 AM

Another late night session, another character to lvl 5.

Ugh, I just want combat jump, is that so much to ask?

Made a huge scrapper who's all green and scaly, and he has spikes.  It's great.
Alrindel
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: April 13, 2004, 04:07:25 AM

One thing I'm enjoying about the combat system is that I get to play a support class, which I enjoy (Defender with Empathy, the only real "healing class" in the game) but I'm not at all gimped in terms of damage output with the power blast ranged attack line (just the first two attacks, but pumped up with enhancements to increase damage and reduce endurance consumption and recharge timer).  So when I'm not healing and no-one's in immediate danger, I get to lay down the smack and fry some bad guys, and I don't have to be left out of the fight.  It's like being a DAOC smite cleric back in the good old days!
addryc
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: April 13, 2004, 05:08:07 AM

Yep Alrin - thats what I like about the Defender too - I get to be the healy type and also kick some butt when needed :)  Gotta love hybrid-type classes that arent gimped :)
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: April 13, 2004, 06:56:53 AM

Due to how nasty it would be there are no aoe lock downs available to blasters although there are a couple powers that can help with locking folks down. There are two powers that work pretty well for helping your aoe out.

Ice manipulation
Ice patch - The ground beneath the heroes feet becomes frozen and quite slippery. Any foes that step on the ice patch will likely slip and fall down until the ice patch melts.

Devices
Caltrops - Tosses a handful of caltrops at a targetted location and spreads the tiny metal spikes over a large area. Any entities that pass over the caltrops will be forced to move at a slower rate. They will also take some trivial lethal damage.

I have seen caltrops used to very good effect. If you enhance up the heck out of its mob snaring ability it can drag people to a halt. It is also a ground targeted area of effect snare so you can plant it where you want it then send in the aoes.

Ice patch is nasty although the aoe of the blaster one is kinda small anything on the ice patch falls on its ass. Every time it stands up then falls right back down. The larger controller version of this from ice controllers is frigging funny as hell to watch as it really screws mobs up badly.

Deadly combos though are controllers and blasters. Controllers can make large groups of mobs not move and blasters are kings at aoe smack down. Also what the person said about freezing rain from storm controll is dead accurate.

I often in my normal group lead off with ice rain which causes everything in its radius to start flopping around like trout and it gimps their defense and snares and slows them. Once it goes off everybody in my group basically does all their aoe attacks and if you execute the attack well you can kill a ton on the initial volley.

Kaid
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #75 on: April 14, 2004, 11:47:43 AM

Another example of fun:

I recently got hover on my fire/storm chick.

Basically I go from rooftop to rooftop, fireballing groups of baddies, then using gale to shove them off the roof.

They take falling damage.

Only get exp when it doesn't kill them but my fireball fire tick does.
WayAbvPar

Reply #76 on: April 14, 2004, 12:04:38 PM

Now that is just pure gleeful mayhem kinda fun. Good stuff.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #77 on: April 14, 2004, 12:07:18 PM

I'm enjoying fighting clockworks of all things....

I have an earth/storm controller with hover, and it's immensely fun to have prototype oscillators fly up to me, and then make them fall back to a rooftop with fossilize, then knock em off the roof with gale.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: This game any fun?  
Jump to: