Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:04:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Last dumb question. I promise! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Last dumb question. I promise!  (Read 18882 times)
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: June 15, 2009, 08:27:12 AM

Dumb questions of the day: Is there something other than questing that I should be doing at 16? Any dungeons in that level range that are worth my time? And who's in that level range and wants to group?
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: June 15, 2009, 08:31:33 AM

First standalone instance is at 20 (I mean by standalone: Not the Epic quest version, completely a side adventure), The great barrow. If that's what you mean.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 08:36:25 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: June 15, 2009, 08:34:09 AM

Your link is brokedededed. I'll look that up, though. Thanks!
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #73 on: June 15, 2009, 08:34:21 AM

Why would you do such a thing?  Has Brogarn wronged you in some way, sir?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: June 15, 2009, 08:36:56 AM

I enjoyed that instance. BTW Brogarn hates the shire.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 08:40:12 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: June 15, 2009, 08:43:43 AM

I enjoyed that instance. BTW Brogarn hates the shire.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I think I just got thrown under the bus.

Also, the Shire can suck it. Deliver your own pies, fatty. And the next postman I see, I'm stabbing. In the face. With something rusty.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #76 on: June 15, 2009, 08:46:18 AM

What do you have against pie?

"Me am play gods"
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: June 15, 2009, 09:00:34 AM

What do you have against pie?

Nothing at all. Mmm... pie. It just got redundant delivering pies over what feels like a thousand mile radius to any lazy bastard who had mild hunger pains and couldn't be arsed to walk to the nearest town for a fill up.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: June 15, 2009, 09:01:18 AM

I enjoyed that instance. BTW Brogarn hates the shire.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I think I just got thrown under the bus.

Nah, its a good instance that's a good deal of fun, and has some decent rewards and drops (Also being revised in the bree-land revamp AFAIK, quest wise). Yegolev just has had some bad experiences in it with PUGs and has sworn it off with all the enthusiasm as you have the shire. So i thought it was funny.

I am more than happy to run it with people (takes about an hour though, with no mess ups) i just haven't had a toon around that level in a bit, but I mean, I can bring who ever.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #79 on: June 15, 2009, 10:53:16 AM

Do you remember who ran me through the Great Burrito? Ohhhhh, I see.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: June 15, 2009, 11:05:57 AM

Was it me?  huh

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #81 on: June 15, 2009, 11:49:40 AM

The Great (confusing, pain in the ass) Barrow is mildly annoying compared to it's big brother Haudh (Fuck the Men of Bree faction) Icarith.

Honestly, all the "Lets make this a group required area by simply filling it with too many trash mobs, and make them elite" kinda suck compared to regular areas. Sure, killing giants is fun, but the greatly increased risk and minor increase in loot/xp doesn't really work. You're better off in a full group just fining some nice reds for better xp/loots, or trying to eat single grapes.

And for the record, the Shire Postal service is a great way to learn the layout of the zone, and how to really watch the minimap for snoopy hobbitses. It's my second favorite running-about chain, only beaten by The Inn-League Challenge.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #82 on: June 15, 2009, 12:39:49 PM

rattran basically summarized my problem with the fellowship dungeons.  If I just needed six random asshats to do them, I'd be relatively happy, maybe even ecstatic.  My last run in GB was for Ancient Story of Evil and the group contained at least two people that knew the dungeon layout and spawn points, plus everyone other than me was around lv23... I was lv32.  We still wiped against the lich twins somehow.

Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: June 15, 2009, 12:46:50 PM

And for the record, the Shire Postal service is a great way to learn the layout of the zone, and how to really watch the minimap for snoopy hobbitses. It's my second favorite running-about chain, only beaten by The Inn-League Challenge.

More power to you. I prefer learning the map in bits and pieces while making bits and pieces of goblins and dourhands.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Last dumb question. I promise!  
Jump to: