Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:34:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Ashes to Ashes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ashes to Ashes  (Read 2152 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

on: March 03, 2009, 07:26:36 AM

So I see the previews for this show, Ashes to Ashes on BBC America. The previews claim it's a sequel to Life on Mars, so I'm naturally intrigued. I'm even more intrigued when I see that DCI Hunt is a recurring character on the series. I have not read the Wiki article on it yet. I wanted to get some Brit opinion on here. Of you UK folks, have you seen this show and is it worth it? Will seeing it tarnish my love of the original Life on Mars?

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 08:37:56 AM

I dug it.

If for nothing else, the music. But the series was quite good.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 03:03:54 PM

IT WILL TARNISH YOUR LOVE OF LIFE ON MARS.

First eppy has a funny moment though.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 05:12:28 AM

Secretly Ironic necro.  awesome, for real

Well, that was a hell of an ending. For anyone who gave up on this, it's really worth sticking with. Series one suffers from being "LoM but not as good", S2 starts finding it's feet, and S3 pretty much on a par (if not better) than Life on Mars.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 12:57:00 AM

Life on Mars S1, or S2?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 01:41:27 AM

. For anyone who gave up on this, it's really worth sticking with. Series one suffers from being "LoM but not as good", S2 starts finding it's feet, and S3 pretty much on a par (if not better) than Life on Mars.

I gave up about 3 episodes in but have heard a lot of people say this - may wait for a discount box set.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Ashes to Ashes  
Jump to: