Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:20:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: question for ze POS shotters 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: question for ze POS shotters  (Read 2195 times)
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

on: February 27, 2009, 12:50:14 PM

How many BS are needed to bring down a large POS (being used for carebear stuff, not sov, so only moderately defended)? Some dudes brought ~20 BS and a handful of logistics to shoot our NPC 0.0 POS this morning (no need to name names). They got the shields down to 72% after incapping the guns and then just left system when a few of our snipers wandered onto grid. I thought a dozen BS could bring down a POS in reasonably short order... did they get bored with 20 guys shooting it or are they really just plain  swamp poop?
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 01:10:23 PM

Shooting any large POS with BS is a pain unless you have a huge blob.  PL used to do it a lot with 30 odd guys why we were too space poor to risk dreads but it's a terrible slog and requires a good deal of concentration throughout.  I wouldn't want to do it under sniper fire either, especially if you could get someone to man the tackling modules or any remaining guns.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 04:47:36 PM

How many BS are needed to bring down a large POS (being used for carebear stuff, not sov, so only moderately defended)? Some dudes brought ~20 BS and a handful of logistics to shoot our NPC 0.0 POS this morning (no need to name names). They got the shields down to 72% after incapping the guns and then just left system when a few of our snipers wandered onto grid. I thought a dozen BS could bring down a POS in reasonably short order... did they get bored with 20 guys shooting it or are they really just plain  swamp poop?

IIRC it will take you at least a couple of hours. More if its got resistance modules(you probably won't be able to dent a dickstar for instance)
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 09:04:26 AM

About 15 capstable amarr ships w/ sentries is minimum against an amarr pos (no resists), and it'll take hours.  You can kill with 10 because you'll be under peak regen when it comes out of reinforced. 
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 04:23:01 PM

They'll be using close-range ammo if they have cap-transferring logistics ships but I'm willing to bet only a few of them have the skills for sentry drones so that's a let less DPS being output.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: question for ze POS shotters  
Jump to: