Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 02:45:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Cat thread 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 66 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cat thread  (Read 580240 times)
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #175 on: April 13, 2009, 12:53:45 AM

And since you can't have one type of food for one cat and another for the others.. they're all on the food.
You can, it's just a lot more work. One of my best friends as a kid had two cats and one ate dry cat food and the other was the finicky eater than only ate canned/moist stuff.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #176 on: April 13, 2009, 07:34:56 AM

I find it's best to go all the way when you notice a cat having weight issues and switch their dry diet to some sort of calorie control food.
Need to use up the bag of regular food. So we're mixing for a while.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #177 on: April 13, 2009, 12:43:18 PM

I'm feeding mine blend of 1/3 Buffalo Blue 'wilderness' and 2/3 Dick van Patten's 'Natural Balance' now. Both are fairly expensive (25usd/12lbs) but the cats eat a whole lot less bulk than they were on any of the other stuff, so it works out about the same cost as the 15usd/16lb stuff. Less food intake also means less poop, so it's win all around.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #178 on: May 05, 2009, 03:09:50 PM

Its basically meant to be Russian nested dolls kitties!

Sigh.  I want a kitty.  I am just afraid itll cost too much and kitty will go all Sabretooth on my stuff.  Heartbreak

NO WAI. 

Kittens from rescue operations are relatively cheap ($80 to take home).  One cat won't cost much to keep in clean litter and fed.  Kittens aren't puppies.  They're not going to eat your action figures.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 03:11:27 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #179 on: May 05, 2009, 03:28:43 PM

They will, however, eat your chips and jump on your keyboard when they feel like it.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #180 on: May 05, 2009, 04:06:44 PM

Its basically meant to be Russian nested dolls kitties!

Sigh.  I want a kitty.  I am just afraid itll cost too much and kitty will go all Sabretooth on my stuff.  Heartbreak

NO WAI. 

Kittens from rescue operations are relatively cheap ($80 to take home).  One cat won't cost much to keep in clean litter and fed.  Kittens aren't puppies.  They're not going to eat your action figures.

(Might be a little hard to make out.)

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #181 on: May 05, 2009, 05:12:00 PM

The day I brought my new cat home he chewed through a pair of earbud wires.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #182 on: May 05, 2009, 08:31:04 PM

I've spent over $200 bucks replacing earbud wires. The cat didn't cost as much.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #183 on: May 05, 2009, 10:12:40 PM

Obviously you need to teach your cat to sing to you.

I'm trying to teach mine to say breakfast. One's getting eerily close.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #184 on: May 05, 2009, 10:24:07 PM

Ok that made me laugh for some reason.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #185 on: May 06, 2009, 12:36:05 AM

Our cat was a bit chewy at first, but she's totally mellowed on that for whatever reason on MOST things. She still wants to chew one particular phone cord, though. Nothing else, just THAT CORD. It wronged her in a past life or something.

Really, her thing is more I HAVE TO PUT MY PAWS ON YOUR ESCAPE KEY with a side of I NEED TO CLIMB ON TOP OF INGMAR'S MONITOR.

God Save the Horn Players
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #186 on: May 06, 2009, 05:30:49 AM

There's certain plastics and chemicals that taste good to cats & dogs and that's why they chew on 'em.  I just discovered last night mine likes licking photographs. I've had a bunch laying around as I got a new scanner and have been archiving them. Perseus walked over, gave a sniff to some and then began licking them.  Crazy animal.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #187 on: May 06, 2009, 05:46:31 AM

I have wires strung everywhere in my apartment and the cat never touches them. She has three interests - moving string, ankles, and anything small that she can bat off of the table. I do a weekly pass of lifting the couches to retrieve dice.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #188 on: May 06, 2009, 06:15:11 AM

If only we had a cat thread to discuss cats.

My cat normally curls up on a blanket next to me while I play EQ2. The last couple of weeks I've been dual-boxing with a wireless keyboard in his spot. He just slides himself into the little wedge of couch not covered by keyboard and sacks out. He's the greatest cat ever.
Oz
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: May 06, 2009, 06:26:41 AM

gave a sniff to some and then began licking them

Be carefull, mine quickly evolved from licking to eating them...lost a few pics i really liked.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #190 on: May 06, 2009, 10:31:02 AM

gave a sniff to some and then began licking them

Be carefull, mine quickly evolved from licking to eating them...lost a few pics i really liked.

If I didn't know better, I'd have thought you two were talking about pussy.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: May 06, 2009, 11:08:00 AM

Uh, they are. Grin

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #192 on: May 06, 2009, 11:09:15 AM

I'll see if I can find a sufficient length of rope to pull you out of the sarchasm.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #193 on: May 06, 2009, 05:37:41 PM

Really, her thing is more I HAVE TO PUT MY PAWS ON YOUR ESCAPE KEY with a side of I NEED TO CLIMB ON TOP OF INGMAR'S MONITOR.
One of my cats has yet to forgive me for switching to flat-panel widescreens a couple of years ago, until then whenever I was at the computer she was on top of the monitor.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #194 on: May 06, 2009, 05:53:11 PM

One of my cats has yet to forgive me for switching to flat-panel widescreens a couple of years ago, until then whenever I was at the computer she was on top of the monitor.

--Dave

That's the thing, my monitor IS a flat-panel.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #195 on: May 06, 2009, 07:46:05 PM

Yes, but haven't y'all declared her (lizzy?) crazy?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #196 on: May 06, 2009, 07:57:30 PM

My cats have mostly learned to scratch and chew what and where they're supposed to.  Of course, we had to spend a fortune in play rugs, toys and a huge kitty castle.  That's just us, though.  Well, mostly me.  They are just as happy with a ball tied to a bit of string and a stick.  They love cardboard boxes almost as much as they love their castle.  With all these toys, Magenta's favourite game is chasing a kibble around the kitchen.  Lister licks the kitchen bin while he waits for breakfast.  I don't understand why.  He even does it after I've wiped it down with white vinegar!   swamp poop

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #197 on: May 06, 2009, 08:44:40 PM

Mine doesn't 'say' breakfast, but she's become the world's finest alarm clock because she's absolutely sure that she needs to be fed at 6AM and will happily jump onto me from great heights and then proceed to paw my face (with increasing urgency)  to illustrate the fact.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #198 on: May 06, 2009, 09:10:06 PM

Mine doesn't 'say' breakfast, but she's become the world's finest alarm clock because she's absolutely sure that she needs to be fed at 6AM and will happily jump onto me from great heights and then proceed to paw my face (with increasing urgency)  to illustrate the fact.

I feel your pain, although Lister doesn't paw my face.  He meows really, really loud and if I sit up (like to throw a sock at him or something), he immediately jumps in my place and digs himself into the bed.  I'm not strong enough to pull him from it, either.  I can't remember the last time I slept until 7:00!

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #199 on: May 07, 2009, 05:47:03 AM

Mine has this annoying habit of getting excited when I start pouring food in to her bowl, so she starts rubbing her cheeks on the bag as I'm pouring it in. Which results in a flood of kibble accross the kitchen floor.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #200 on: May 07, 2009, 08:39:49 AM

Put a scoop in the bag. 

MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #201 on: May 07, 2009, 05:28:43 PM

As much as pet ownership can be an annoyance, it's all forgiven when you're just sitting down and reading a book when your cat jumps onto the arm of the sofa and then headbutts you because she's happy you're home.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #202 on: May 07, 2009, 05:39:47 PM

Are you sure it's not because she wants her chair back?
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #203 on: May 07, 2009, 05:48:00 PM

Admittedly, that may be it too.

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #204 on: May 07, 2009, 10:49:11 PM

My old cat used to love menthol ointment. Like, he would come running whenever he heard me open it.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #205 on: May 08, 2009, 01:54:39 AM

Are you sure it's not because she wants her chair back?

You've obviously dealt with too many cats haven't you.

Fun things to spent your evening on Number 102:
Being in a staring contest with your cat because you sit in 'its' armchair. What exactly does it say about its 'owner' (opener of cans) when the cat wins most of the time?
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #206 on: May 08, 2009, 08:41:16 AM

My cat held my sock hostage this morning. His claws are so razor sharp that even a light playful tap will draw blood, so I had to wait till he lost interest in the sock.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #207 on: May 08, 2009, 08:46:11 AM

You only have one sock?   ACK!

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #208 on: May 08, 2009, 08:52:19 AM

Old Woolly is a tried and true companion.

"Me am play gods"
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #209 on: May 08, 2009, 09:24:39 AM

My cat held my sock hostage this morning. His claws are so razor sharp that even a light playful tap will draw blood, so I had to wait till he lost interest in the sock.

My cat's had reached that level of sharpness too. I was rather shocked that she actually let me trip her claws with very little fuss. Used a pair of large toenail clippers, was just verrry careful not to trim too far back (you'll know if you do when the blood starts flowing, from the cat and most likely from you).

Took two sessions to get them all, but they are much less razor like now.

My cat has a habit of scratching a chair she shouldn't. I found the best technique to discourage her was a bottle of water I would squirt in her general direction. She was always quick enough to run before I actually squirted her. Until last night.

She just spent the next hour staring at me from across the room with a disgusted look.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 66 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Cat thread  
Jump to: