Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:18:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Stargate Universe 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stargate Universe  (Read 92318 times)
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #350 on: December 28, 2010, 12:12:53 PM

Being human is a story about three friends in their twenties who happen to be a ghost, a vampire and a werewolf?  How can that ever fail?  swamp poop

You haven't seen the underworld movies, have you.

There were ghosts in that one?
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #351 on: December 29, 2010, 02:22:55 AM

The ghosts were supplied by the audience jabbing knitting needles into their brain in order to ease the pain.

Hic sunt dracones.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #352 on: December 29, 2010, 08:21:48 AM

The only thing I remember about those movies is Kate Beckinsale
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #353 on: January 03, 2011, 12:36:24 PM

The only thing I remember about those movies is Kate Beckinsale
She was so hot in the first one, and then I caught part of another one and she blimped her fucking lips. What a numb tart.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #354 on: January 18, 2011, 01:15:17 PM

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #355 on: January 18, 2011, 01:55:06 PM

Oh, it wasn't even Kate in the third one lulz
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #356 on: March 09, 2011, 07:50:44 AM

The first episode of the second half of this last season aired yesterday on Syfy. It wasn't half bad either.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #357 on: March 09, 2011, 08:18:20 AM

No, I liked it, despite a few holes.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #358 on: March 09, 2011, 08:46:32 AM

I lurrve Kate Beckinsale.

I thought Underworld 1 was pretty good, then again I'm a sucker for that kind of movie.

Also how could you confuse Kate Beckinsale with Rhona Mitra?

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Lianka
Terracotta Army

Reply #359 on: April 10, 2011, 01:08:48 PM

Wow.. they managed to even munge an episode with Rodney in it..
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #360 on: April 11, 2011, 05:48:26 AM

I have no idea what you mean, I have been enjoying this season.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #361 on: April 11, 2011, 05:56:05 AM

Did it get any better?  I stopped watching when they cancelled it.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #362 on: April 11, 2011, 07:07:44 AM

Meh, not really. I'm just watching because they got enough notice of the cancellation that they're making an attempt to tie up loose strings, and because I've watched all the other Stargate series so I might as well see all of this one as well.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #363 on: April 11, 2011, 11:25:52 AM

it's bad when you can strip away every other narrative and the core story -- how do we get home -- doesn't even make sense.  Who are the Lucian Alliance?  How can they get on board (again)?  Why not put the Stargate outside?  All those plots of "stop the bad guys from getting in" was solved in mutliple SG-1 episodes.   Disappointed.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #364 on: April 11, 2011, 11:34:59 AM

it's bad when you can strip away every other narrative and the core story -- how do we get home -- doesn't even make sense.  Who are the Lucian Alliance?  How can they get on board (again)?  Why not put the Stargate outside?  All those plots of "stop the bad guys from getting in" was solved in mutliple SG-1 episodes.   Disappointed.

What?

Who are the Lucian Alliance?

"They're a human coalition made up of various Milky Way planets formed in the power vacuum left behind by the Goa'uld. They're criminals, mostly... Street gangs with spaceships."
    —Nicholas Rush

How can they get on board (again)?

They had an Icarus site. And Info from the brainwashed Colonel David Telford. They were the first group to even TRY to dial the 9th chevron.

Why not put the Stargate outside?

What one are you talking about? Many have been distroyed over the years. I don't even believe earth has one anymore.

Some of this was defined in other series, some, in this one.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 11:38:02 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #365 on: April 11, 2011, 12:54:36 PM

non-slap fight reply:  ultimately, this is just about personal taste.  But one question: Why is Destiny important again for the Alliance? 
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #366 on: April 11, 2011, 01:10:25 PM

Arms race. To quote the stargate wiki:

The Lucian Alliance is a coalition of former smugglers and mercenaries who have banded together to take advantage of the power vacuum left by the demise of the Goa'uld Empire.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 01:12:25 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #367 on: April 11, 2011, 01:15:44 PM

None of this explains why they can't just put a cover on the Stargate like they did starting in like episode 3 of the original series.  why so serious?
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #368 on: April 11, 2011, 01:20:34 PM

None of this explains why they can't just put a cover on the Stargate like they did starting in like episode 3 of the original series.  why so serious?

As far as I remember, the metal of that cover in the original series is far from trivial.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #369 on: April 11, 2011, 01:22:37 PM

None of this explains why they can't just put a cover on the Stargate like they did starting in like episode 3 of the original series.  why so serious?

Cover what stargate? The one on the ship? Lucian Alliance is not attacking through the gate on earth, they are close enough to fly in and attack the planet. AFAIK.

Alpha (Movie) Gate is the only gate left on earth, Beta was destroyed.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 01:26:43 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #370 on: April 11, 2011, 02:52:11 PM

As far as I remember, the metal of that cover in the original series is far from trivial.

In the movie it stopped working by being toppled over on its face and worked again by being lifted upright and assembled again.  Any "omg it has to be a special metal" that the series introduced just makes me feel better for not having watched any of them.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #371 on: April 11, 2011, 04:27:34 PM

None of this explains why they can't just put a cover on the Stargate like they did starting in like episode 3 of the original series.  why so serious?

Cover what stargate? The one on the ship? Lucian Alliance is not attacking through the gate on earth, they are close enough to fly in and attack the planet. AFAIK.

Isn't the Pegasus gate currently on earth too?

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #372 on: April 12, 2011, 10:12:56 AM

Isn't the Pegasus gate currently on earth too?

AFAIK, those gate types only exist in the Pegasus galaxy.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #373 on: April 12, 2011, 12:11:15 PM

Not when they plunged Atlantas into San Francicso bay... This is like the best nerd slap fight ever!!! Actually the thing I enjoyed most about stargate was what it said about humanity.  The Don Davis character as the general was all of us at our best. I can see why they were able to get a few actual air force members to put their faces on the show.  I think the joint chief of staff appeared once actually.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #374 on: April 12, 2011, 12:26:05 PM

See, I missed the last few seasons of Atlantis.

Also, I'm not fighting, I thought we were discussing cannon?  Head scratch Just pointing out that some of his questions are covered in other shows. I personally like this show, originally I did not like the drama take, and missed the humor from other casts, but i do like the mystery around the ship and such, its a shame it is over.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #375 on: April 12, 2011, 12:42:00 PM

I'd agree sgu is a lot "darker" I hope they have a chance to fit in a fun episode before the end. It also hasn't really given the same message of "if we keep our principles and do the right thing everything will turn out ok."

Lianka
Terracotta Army

Reply #376 on: April 13, 2011, 10:38:45 PM

I have no idea what you mean, I have been enjoying this season.

Some episodes are good, some are bad, but that last one - why throw in the subplot about a place we've never heard of before (in this series, at least), who don't seem to fit into the getting them home overall plot? Was it to distract from the Rush schmoopy schmoopy scenes?
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #377 on: April 26, 2011, 08:58:26 AM

Fuck me sideways, the latest episode was damned good.

If the writing and characterization had been of this caliber even half the time, the show wouldn't have been cancelled. Hell, even the plot device worked.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 09:23:25 AM by Surlyboi »

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #378 on: April 26, 2011, 10:35:21 AM

Fuck me sideways, the latest episode was damned good.

If the writing and characterization had been of this caliber even half the time, the show wouldn't have been cancelled. Hell, even the plot device worked.

I said something similar to my wife. I think what I said was "If they'd had these kinds of episodes from the start instead of the fucking 'I'm using the stones to talk to my wife about adultery' episodes this show wouldn't have been canceled!"

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #379 on: May 05, 2011, 05:19:19 AM

They really ramped up the quality of this show once it got canned.

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #380 on: May 05, 2011, 05:34:57 AM

Sounds like another Dollhouse endspurt to me. I guess I have to finish the season then. Thanks for the heads-up.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #381 on: May 10, 2011, 05:31:07 AM

Watched the last 4 episodes, still thought it was pretty bad.  Funny how they needed to introduce humans into the local area, you'd have thought someone would have pointed out how this would never work without them, before the pilot script was finalised.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #382 on: May 10, 2011, 07:56:27 AM

The show had so much potential to be great. Rush's faction pushing to explore, the rest trying to get home. End the series with everyone dying off after having many adventures halfway across the universe with no human antagonists outside the cast. Final shot: Rush's skeleton in the observation room with Destiny continuing its journey.

This series sucked from the second they introduced those stupid stones and just went down from there. A few flashes of interest, but crushed beneath the weight of pointless, rambling incoherence.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 07:58:09 AM by Sky »
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #383 on: May 10, 2011, 08:01:48 AM

It just occurred to me that this was Asheron's Call 2 in space, no towns, no npc's and a real lack of content.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #384 on: May 10, 2011, 08:14:09 AM

Because entire galaxies are completely devoid of any content.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Stargate Universe  
Jump to: