Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:40:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Mafia Wars 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mafia Wars  (Read 2439 times)
LK
Terracotta Army

on: February 24, 2009, 09:23:17 AM

Pretty neat Facebook app, but heavily inundated with RMT (visit sponsors or pay money for an advantage), and not the cheap kind either. You can buy $150 worth of stuff for the game client that'll give you a ridiculous advantage.

Still, pretty nice game design rules. If you're on Facebook you can play it. Zynga Games seems to make several different flavors (Vampires, Dragon Age, Special Forces).

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 10:16:31 AM

I have become mildly addicted to this. Level 44 atm.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 06:25:32 PM

Me as well, despite the glaring shortcomings.  But pay money for it?  I don't think so.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 07:10:00 AM

What amazes me about this game is that my husband will play it.  He won't play anything, except car racing games, but this game has somehow managed to snag his attention.  He'll log in a few times a day and play it, make spreadsheets to see what properties he should buy, and take out hits on people with glee.  He's even created two fake new Facebook accounts so he could grow his mafia.

I keep thinking about how flawed it is when I play.  Yet I still spend a few minutes a day on it.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Mafia Wars  
Jump to: