Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:11:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: Dwarf Fortress: the Noobening. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress: the Noobening.  (Read 37728 times)
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: March 20, 2009, 07:30:15 PM

I just felt a strange disturbance in the fortress, as if 2-7 dwarfs cried out in pain...

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #71 on: July 06, 2009, 01:06:40 PM

Going to start a new fortress soon. I've been away from this one a bit too long.

Let me know if you'd like to see any of the following scenarios (some may be mutually exclusive):

• Working with magma.  Just wait until I flood my fortress with hot burning death.
  • Cold, inhospitable lands.  How long until people start dying of thirst from sparring wounds.
  • Evil starting area.  Outdoor jobs become virtual death sentences. 
  • Pit of doom.  Adamantine + legions of unstoppable demons = amusement.

PM me or post here if you want to be in the fortress and what position you'd like to have.  I can't guarantee that interesting things will happen to you. If you're named Trippy, I'm positive that you will die. 

-Rasix
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: July 06, 2009, 05:01:23 PM

I want to see a magma moat!

Also, can I be a blacksmith/hammerdwarf?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #73 on: July 06, 2009, 08:41:39 PM

Give me something....heroic.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #74 on: July 07, 2009, 12:03:26 PM

Pit of doom sounds entertaining.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #75 on: July 07, 2009, 01:18:28 PM

Found a spot with a pit and a volcano.  Not a lot of trees.  Not particularly evil, but a little wild.  Might be worth a shot.

Not a ton of open space may be an annoying feature.  Battles are going to be hard to track over multiple z-levels. 

-Rasix
Xurtan
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: July 07, 2009, 01:33:50 PM

I'll take a spot as anything if you need another name.  awesome, for real I'm thinking cannon fodder.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #77 on: July 07, 2009, 05:43:43 PM

Pit of Doom sounds best, legions of unstoppable anything should be good.  The goblins/orcs weren't cutting it.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: Dwarf Fortress: the Noobening.  
Jump to: