Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:05:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Spectacle 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spectacle  (Read 1606 times)
Salamok
Terracotta Army

on: February 19, 2009, 03:40:24 PM

Anyone else catching this?

http://www.sundancechannel.com/series/spectacle

Sort of like inside the actors studio for musicians.  I find myself mostly entertained even though the majority of the musicians so far aren't really anything I would normally listen to.

edit: So far I have only caught the Police and Diana Krall/Elton John episodes.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 03:42:36 PM by Salamok »
Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 10:27:55 AM

Last 2 episodes were Smokey Robinson and Lou Reed.  The Smokey Robinson episode was gold.  Looks like he is going to be interviewing Bill Clinton soon, not sure what impact the ex prez had on music but should be interesting.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 11:48:22 AM

I didn't see your post first time around, but I've seen a couple of these and really enjoyed them.  Elvis Costello is good at this! 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 12:57:55 PM

I didn't see your post first time around, but I've seen a couple of these and really enjoyed them.  Elvis Costello is good at this! 

I'm not really a fan of his vocals or music and other than the police there hasn't been a single artist that I've directly listened to.   That said Elvis Costello definitely does his homework and knows a shitload about the recent history of music. 

Also most of the people he has on have influenced the music I do listen to in some fashion and the show does a fairly decent job of getting that point across.  This has pretty much become a must watch for me (although the Bill Clinton thing seems to be a major derail from his current formula).
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Spectacle  
Jump to: