Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:09:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: How do I know... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How do I know...  (Read 3257 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

on: February 18, 2009, 02:21:39 PM

How do I know if I have the High-Res Client?  My installation files are missing or something.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 02:24:18 PM

How do I know if I have the High-Res Client?  My installation files are missing or something.

I don't understand the last part.

If you installed from the DvD , you have high rez.

If you updated a trial, if you set your GFX to (i think) high or above (or just the texture drop down) the client will inform you you need to download the high rez textures.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 02:26:06 PM

The texture resolution setting is called "Very High" but the overall graphics setting is "Ultra High" if you want the hi-res textures.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 04:12:58 PM

If you installed from the DvD , you have high rez.

If you updated a trial, if you set your GFX to (i think) high or above (or just the texture drop down) the client will inform you you need to download the high rez textures.

I did neither of these.  Digital download.

I'll look for Ultra.  Or put my monitor on my wife's new PC and see what the high-res client looks like with an ATi 4870. awesome, for real

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 04:13:35 PM

As opposed to Analog Download.

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 11:22:00 PM

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 11:52:35 PM

If you put it on Ultra, it's supposed to go "You have to download the high res texture pack, bitching bitching, rant rant" on you if you don't have the needed packs.

I didn't sleep much last night.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 06:07:44 AM

I set it to ULTRA on my wife's machine just now.  It would probably look completely awesome if her monitor wasn't a piece of shit... but it still looks great if only due to the draw distance and shadows.  My 7900GS is On Notice.

By the way, if you aren't playing Yegolev: The Home Game, I got it running under Win7 beta.

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 02:31:43 PM

tell us how this goes under Win7x

I am still on XP and holding out for Win7 with very high hopes (i.e. skip Vista all together).
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 07:14:30 PM

Works great, maybe better if you like seeing that ring icon in your taskbar instead of over in that icon ghetto in the lower right on XP.  Only hitch was the usual installation shenanigans with compatibility setting (set to Vista, for some reason everything defaults to WinXP SP2 compat) and sudo, but that's hardly worth mentioning since if you don't bother to put a password on your account, you just need to click a confirmation button.

I am currently trying to get the wireless adapter to talk to my router, so until I get that taken care of I won't have any real-play-time information.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 11:20:30 AM

If you put it on Ultra, it's supposed to go "You have to download the high res texture pack, bitching bitching, rant rant" on you if you don't have the needed packs.

I didn't sleep much last night.

It does this every damn time I log into the game, despite my verifying that yes, the damn textures are there. It also says I have to restart the client, yada, yada, yada. Which does approximately zero.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 07:09:40 AM

Riggswolfe, It did that for me I think, to fix it, I had to quit out, close the gold ring icon on the task bar (as that counts as the client running), relaunch and the error message disappeared.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 09:57:30 AM

I frequently have to kill the launcher process and start fresh.  I think it might hose up after downloading updates but I don't really know.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: How do I know...  
Jump to: