Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:38:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: [3.1] Ulduar Preview - NOW WITH PATCH NOTES 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [3.1] Ulduar Preview - NOW WITH PATCH NOTES  (Read 104234 times)
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #350 on: April 22, 2009, 01:19:07 AM

So did the 3.1.1 bugfix patch create the bug that leaves Wintergrasp essentially unplayable, or just overlook it? Quality control. In the shitter.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #351 on: April 22, 2009, 06:59:39 AM

Unplayable how? The lag? Still there for the most part at prime time, when we've got 4 full raids on Horde side and at least 3 on the Alliance. Otherwise, I'm not sure what bug you're talking about.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #352 on: April 22, 2009, 07:06:59 AM

It seems that vehicle counting is utterly messed up.  At least for alliance.  Or maybe it's attackers.  I'm not sure.  I went in yesterday, and the count showed max vehicles for Alliance side throughout the entire game, even though I doubt we had more than 3-4 vehicles on the field at any one moment.  It didn't help at all that the people driving the few vehicles that existed were screwing around and being totally useless, too.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #353 on: April 22, 2009, 07:08:27 AM

I haven't seen it, but that sounds like a poorly thought through attempt to fix the "one guy ranks up, spams and dismounts tanks, everyone else uses them regardless of rank or max tank number" shit that happened.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #354 on: April 22, 2009, 11:03:15 AM

When Alliance (or maybe just attacker) vehicles are destroyed, the Alliance vehicle count doesn't go back down. So we'll get 12 or 16 vehicles for the entire battle, and if the Horde can kill those before the keep is blown open, the game is essentially over while we stare at a wall for 20 minutes and wait to lose. And let me tell you, they're pretty motivated to kill the vehicles. It's fucking clownshoes.

But hey, at least I couldn't hit players with Exorcism while I was there. Way to go with that hotfix.  awesome, for real

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #355 on: April 22, 2009, 11:21:07 AM

The change to Exorcism was deliberate.

Over and out.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #356 on: April 22, 2009, 11:24:06 AM

Ahh that's lame, I heard some people talking about a vehicle bug but didn't notice anything myself.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #357 on: April 22, 2009, 12:48:57 PM

The change to Exorcism was deliberate.

I know, it was just an (admittedly unfair) observation on priorities.

"Our expansion-headlining flagship PVP system is proper fucked, but hey we found time for nerfs! Durhur!"

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #358 on: April 22, 2009, 12:51:19 PM

You can't use exorcism on players anymore?   Heartbreak
Vash
Terracotta Army

Reply #359 on: April 22, 2009, 12:54:37 PM

Not to mention duel specs are still fubar and specs still get randomly reset on occasion even after the supposed fix in 3.1.1 and the rolling realm restarts last night.   swamp poop 
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #360 on: April 22, 2009, 01:18:32 PM

There was a patch last night and a server reset a bit ago, WUA, how log ago did you play?  I just ran Wintergrasp and it seemed to be fine, so either it's fixed, or I was lucky (in an unlucky way, since I was defending).
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #361 on: April 22, 2009, 01:31:00 PM

I logged in mid-day and the lag was so bad I played Mount and Blade. I'll try again tonight, but all I really want to do is run my dailies and check on my raid signups.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #362 on: April 22, 2009, 01:39:32 PM

I logged in mid-day and the lag was so bad I played Mount and Blade. I'll try again tonight, but all I really want to do is run my dailies and check on my raid signups.

Honestly, I think we use the armory for that half the time.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #363 on: April 22, 2009, 02:02:21 PM

Sonuvabitch, I had no idea you could access your calendar on the armory!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Awesome.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #364 on: April 22, 2009, 02:39:23 PM

There was a patch last night and a server reset a bit ago, WUA, how log ago did you play?  I just ran Wintergrasp and it seemed to be fine, so either it's fixed, or I was lucky (in an unlucky way, since I was defending).

This was in the wee hours of the morning, so maybe it's better now?

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #365 on: April 23, 2009, 03:27:31 PM

Checking raid signups via Armory is awesome, I've signed up for a couple of raids that way.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #366 on: April 23, 2009, 03:39:16 PM

Checking raid signups via Armory is awesome, I've signed up for a couple of raids that way.

Ohh dear, my guild must think I'm a bit of an asshole now. I log on my (now) DK alt (still guilded with them) Tuesday after Ulduar finished up and ask "so, how'd Ulduar go?" figuring they'd go back at the start of the week.  I just looked at the calendar and they were doing Naxx 10.   awesome, for real

Of course, I also notice for the last part of their Naxx yesterday all of the new people were out of the lineup and the officers were getting their KT loot.  rolleyes

-Rasix
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #367 on: April 23, 2009, 03:51:58 PM

Death's Bite is SRS BZNZ.  Don't you forget it.   awesome, for real

That would truly be annoying to see though.

Hopefully they'll allow people to just wander into Sapph + KT in a month or three, so people don't have to grind their face against 2+ hours of raiding in order to open access to two bosses that drop loot that anyone even cares about anymore.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #368 on: April 24, 2009, 11:17:03 AM

I finally took my dual-specced and poorly-equipped Holy/ Disc Priest into a BG as Disc to dick around yesterday.  Holy shit it's ungodly.  I wasn't running out of mana and I was doing nothing but chain Bubbling/ AOE-dispelling and keeping a PoM hopping about.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #369 on: April 24, 2009, 11:33:50 AM

Fordel and I started our uber moonkin/prot warrior S6 arena duo last night.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

We actually did much better than I expected us to (especially with me lacking pvp gear for the most part - I did it mostly in tank stuff), right around a .500 win rate so far. Any team with a well-played healer can pretty much destroy us, but we seem to beat the tar out of other dps/dps teams. As I learn to not suck at pvp we will do better, too. He's much better than me.

Comedy value: I did 12,000 damage to a rogue in one match via thorns + damage shield. Well, maybe I should say, the rogue did that to himself.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: [3.1] Ulduar Preview - NOW WITH PATCH NOTES  
Jump to: