Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:19:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Prima guide in stores 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prima guide in stores  (Read 2634 times)
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

on: December 01, 2004, 10:42:35 AM

Finally got shipped.  I wrote a couple sections and did the rough ingame outlines for the maps.  My wife did the photoshop work on the maps.  Annoying project as each city zone had to go through about 5-8 revs as they constantly shifted NPCs around at the last minute.

The guide was thankfully delayed to get the final week of beta sweeping changes to crafting in, the totally revamped HO system (the old one was better) in, etc...

We have a copy at home now, utterly HUGE and pretty darn nice looking.  The info is up to date as best I can tell as well.

Just an FYI to anyone playing who wants tons of charts and maps in one easy to find location.  All the skills, crafting recipies, 'fun spells', racial traits, quest lists and rewards, etc...
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 01:10:27 PM

Quote from: Alluvian
We have a copy at home now, utterly HUGE and pretty darn nice looking.  The info is up to date as best I can tell as well.

Just an FYI to anyone playing who wants tons of charts and maps in one easy to find location.  All the skills, crafting recipies, 'fun spells', racial traits, quest lists and rewards, etc...

Is this the same version that can be downloaded as an e-download from Prima? I coughed up the $10 for it and it is about 400 pages long, though I have yet to really look at it in-depth.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 02, 2004, 06:52:30 AM

I was looking through it last night and so far from what I have seen everything in it appears current and accurate as of opening day which is about all one can hope for from a guide. If you are interested in crafting at all it is a VERY good thing to get and it helps spell out alot of things that really are not well described in game such as racial traits.

I am not sure if the eguide is the same but it likely is as they had put up various pdf's of various sections of the guide before.

kaid
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 02, 2004, 09:51:32 AM

Yes, it is the same as the online version.

Only mistake I have found is that the shaman spell listing is truncated.  Editing snafu there, but it is a bloody HUGE book.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Prima guide in stores  
Jump to: