Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:11:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: AdventureQuest Worlds (or AdventureQuest 2) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AdventureQuest Worlds (or AdventureQuest 2)  (Read 2773 times)
Aez
Terracotta Army

on: February 07, 2009, 05:37:40 AM

I'm not trying it but I tough some of you might enjoy it.  Especially if I consider the shit that's been posted.  It's a semi-professional web based grind.  It looks 10 time better that the original game.

http://www.aqworlds.com/
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 05:09:33 PM

10 times better, eh? The original wasn't that horrible, just horribly simplistic.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Matt
Developers

Iron Realms

Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 12:33:54 PM

Anyone played this yet? Is it actually an MMO? AQ (the original) isn't an MMO in any sense of the word and I'm curious whether they have actually built an MMO with AQ Worlds or whether it's another single-player game.

"And thus, they ate horseflesh as if it was venison, and they reckoned it most savory, for hunger served in the place of seasoning."
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 01:15:16 PM

I played it for a day back when this was posted.

You can group, and it makes a big difference in what you can fight.  It also had a friends list, although I'm not sure how that works across eight servers you can hop between.

All the good items require a membership.  Pets require one.  Most quests which give one of these items as a reward seems to be member only, however I was able to do one long chain which rewarded me a wolf, which I couldn't use.  It's very repetative, and simplistic.

The art design is cute.  You can go to the restroom in the inn and change your character at any time, with a lot more options than you start with.  The armor you wear determines your class, which has its own ranking, on top of character level.  I'm not sure how that works with outfits without levels.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: AdventureQuest Worlds (or AdventureQuest 2)  
Jump to: