Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:14:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Bulfleet 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bulfleet  (Read 4095 times)
Venkman
Terracotta Army

on: February 05, 2009, 05:06:40 PM

Bulfleet.

I believe this originated in Bulgaria, but it can be played in a number of different languages. I just stumbled upon it recently. It is basically a space strategy game played in a browser where a persistent galaxy resets at intervals (not sure what that interval is). Four "Universes" up at present. Buy Nanocredits with Euros and spend that to travel up the tech tree on your world and presumably conquer others. And I really don't think you're capable of doing anything without Nanocredits.

SMS alerts of activity, and a vacation mode. I'm sure this is the norm for this type of game.

One interesting thing they do: vote for the game for resources.

1. Go to their Vote page. Requires you're logged in, but trust me, it's there. There are 12 different links to different portals.
2. Click a link.
3. Vote in the popup window.
4. Get resources.
5. Timer for that link resets to 24 hours.

Interesting model. I would quite imagine other of these types of games do this. Seems like an interesting meta activity with a much more transparent advertising feedback loop. And I also found it interesting that each of the 12 sites did actually have the games sorted in different orders. I found it curious just how many NON fantasy games were on these lists. Lots of space and mafia ones though.

Link added.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 05:27:27 PM by Darniaq »
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 05:23:39 PM

Way to link, hot shot.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 05:28:34 PM

Link added.

And just for kicks, the entire first page of results for "Bulfleet" on Google are for the same game. Must be a pretty unique name  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 05:47:29 PM

I wonder if LucasArts will sue them for using the Death Star in their logo.

Also, for shame, no screenshots?

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 06:00:27 PM

Really not much to actually "look" at per se, it seems. A bunch of different web pages of statistics about your holdings and what you can do to grow them. Lacks that Dofus-style persistent world representation. How do you classify something like this?
Xurtan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 03:42:19 PM

It greatly reminds me of Ogame; hell even the screenshots look really similar.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 07:20:44 AM

I'm still hooked on Astro Empires for my 4x web game.

Speaking of, that thread should probably be moved to this subforum.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 07:22:15 AM

Good call, forgot about it (probably due to the thread title).
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 10:13:07 PM

I'm still hooked on Astro Empires for my 4x web game.

Didn't see that on the Web Games List.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Bulfleet  
Jump to: