Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:56:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: skate 2, bruddah 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: skate 2, bruddah  (Read 5385 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

on: February 05, 2009, 02:13:39 PM

I don't know why, but they really say "bruddah" a lot in this game.

Anyhow, the best fun to be had in this game is just finding a spot, trying a few tricks, and either failing horribly or coming up with some footage you like.

Longish rail grind.

As you can see, I live finding spots to either gap or grind, sometimes a bit of both.  Disclaimer: this game is not Tony Hawk. 

Other vid is still processing.  Loss of quality to youtube is negligible, which is sad.  Previously the hosted vids at skate.reel had higher initial quality.

I'll post some bails, stair gaps, unrealistic instant death tricks or whatever as I do them.

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 02:16:03 PM

Ledge grind/gap.

Always like it when you can pull off a trick that saves you from splatting yourself.

-Rasix
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 02:37:51 PM

I like the simple freedom of the skate games but I could never get that much into it.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Rasix

Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 02:57:34 PM

I like the simple freedom of the skate games but I could never get that much into it.

Yah, it's the best part of the game really.  The specific challenges can have wildy varying degrees of difficulty.  The contests for the most part are ridiculously easy.  And the online play is dominated by twitch monkeys that can pull off stuff that my aging brain and full sized hands can't.

But, the game gives you the same great tools and a city to have fun with from minute one and it's the best part. Heck, MS is even trying to monetize this aspect of it.  For like 5 bucks or something you can unlock everything in the game without having to beat a single thing.  It's tempting, but I feel that I'll be able to do most everything save a few video/pro challenges.

A nice line with rails and stair gaps.

I spent like half an hour doing this line and this was one of the better attempts.  I had one where I pulled off some nice laser flips over the stairs but bailed at the end.  The nollie flips look pretty decent from the side view anyways.  I really wish they would have expanded the tools more than they have.  That's about the longest I can film, the game doesn't have the camera filters, and the overal quality they export to skate.reel is worse than last iteration.  Still, these little bits can be fun to get recorded.

Really, I just enjoy it a lot.  I don't know why. I only skate boarded a little as a kid and was never any good about it.  Didn't help that my house was on property with almost nothing to skate on.  However, when I'm playing this game everything out in the public (IRL) looks like something I should be skating on.   

-Rasix
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 04:02:12 PM

We did try to do a video where we would have two skaters do an Air Christ into each other for a Body Slam in online mode. Could never get it quite right. Coordination is hard with lag.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Rasix

Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 04:53:07 PM

You can position your body during bails in Skate 2.  One of the positions is a jump kick.  I want to see if I can make a video of me jump kicking a pedestrian.

-Rasix
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 10:14:50 PM

I never met a game that I didn't think could be improved by adding more options to be an asshole.

Rasix

Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 08:32:06 AM

We did try to do a video where we would have two skaters do an Air Christ into each other for a Body Slam in online mode. Could never get it quite right. Coordination is hard with lag.

Couple days ago I caught this collision

Was a nice start to the run too.  Pity.

-Rasix
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: skate 2, bruddah  
Jump to: