Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:42:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: Diablo 2 LoD/Median XL: Fight 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diablo 2 LoD/Median XL: Fight  (Read 41410 times)
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #35 on: February 10, 2009, 09:03:52 AM

More updates!
schild
Administrator

Reply #36 on: February 10, 2009, 09:04:39 AM

Game more important! You go update your Dwarf Fortress thread or something! Mr. Nosy!
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: February 10, 2009, 06:16:47 PM

Word of warning: this mod has some neato skills but I don't think the class design overall is that great; on the characters I've played/seen, by the mid levels combat is mostly just spamming a single AoE thing while running around so you don't die. And if you do multiplayer you will never know what's going on in combat because the screen will be too filled with explosions and novas and avalanches and shit.

Still worth playing though.

Sadly, fairly spot on. I've tried all the classes in the mod, and they all boil down to aoes at midlevel and a lot of avoidance. The faq stresses how defense is more important in the mod, but even at level 60 with 8000 def and max+ resists, shit was obliterating me on Terror(Nightmare) in just Act 1. Except when I'd aoe poison and kite, or aoe fire and kite.
So overall, some really neat features, but the classes are somewhat uninspired compared to Vanilla D2, where each class played entirely differently.

So necro's and barbs are fucked? I didn't see any decent AOE spells for either of them.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
driph
Developers

Jet Set Games

Reply #38 on: February 11, 2009, 10:27:54 AM

I made the mistake of registering all my CD-Keys w/ Blizzard Store downloads.  Now my crack is available anywhere I have administrative rights and internet.

This quote is the most valuable piece of information I've learned today. Never knew you could tie your keys to the Blizz store!

Chris
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: February 12, 2009, 12:19:24 AM

Went back to the original game already. The loot is cool, the faster levelling is nice, but the classes all play basically the same.
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: February 12, 2009, 10:11:22 AM

Less mod critique.  More Radical.  Pleas hlep.  You're doing this so I don't have to.

AKA Gyoza
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: February 13, 2009, 02:51:44 PM

I don't know what you guys are talking about... Did you only play 2 classes past act 1 and decide they all played the same?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: February 27, 2009, 05:26:46 PM

I'm still playing. In act 5 with a summoning necromancer, and I seem to be killing shit pretty quickly even with /players 8. Probably has something to do with the fact that I rolled a unique bone wand and amulet that add to minions, + 11 total, and some runeworded boots that add +5 to shadows. I kind of fucked up though, didn't add to totemic mastery because I had another unique wand that added + to totems, now I can't run all the totems I need. Bleh.

sidereal
Contributor

Reply #43 on: March 03, 2009, 02:58:35 PM

Holy fucking Monty Haul.

I had a buddy who played with a similar 'mod', called Savefile Editor.  It was a slightly quicker way to bling yourself up with uber gear, but only slightly.

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
chargerrich
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: April 28, 2009, 12:00:49 PM

Holy shit!

This mod single handedly renewed my interest in the game. Sure the res still sucks ass and the gameplay is trite, but this is not your ordinary mod with tweaks to stats. There are wholesale replacements of skills, new monsters, epic dungeons. Pretty bad ass.

Nice find and thank you for posting... this will get my by until D3 comes out as alt game for when WoW bores me.
treazured
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: May 03, 2009, 03:24:23 PM

I've been playing Diablo 2 since the battlechest came out and it's gotten rather to the point where I know when and where something will show up, so I installed Brother Laz's Median XL for something different till D3 finally comes out. There is a lot I like about it, like being able to mod my own gear, but it would be nice if money wasn't quite so hard to get. You can find things which will let you mod, but if you buy them, be prepared to lay out up to 26,000 gold coins while the stuff you sell in town barely makes ends meet. Another gripe is that you have to start with a new character and cannot use one made without the mod.

That said, there have been some interesting surprises to the game itself. You know how you've gotten to the point where you've opened all the seals and are ready to kill Diablo? If you do, then you know once you've opened all the seals, you've killed off all the other baddies and just have to worry about Diablo, which is a rather simple kill.

Not in the Median mod. Oh no, you go trotting over to the central seal, ready to whack old Diablo, only to find like a kazillion kiss ass monsters ready to hand you your head. It took about 5 seconds to get my paladin ass handed to me and my Rogue archer took one hit before folding up with not even a whimper. After a few times of getting back to the 5 seals are open, go kill Diablo part, I can't afford to bring my merc back from the dead, so I'm wandering around with the players 8 setting on, trying to make enough money to get Tyrael to bring my henchwoman back. I ask you, what the heck does an archangel need with gold? Geez, here we are trying to save the world and he's got his hand out. At least there is a person in each town who'll cure you for free.

Ah well, back to gaming.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: May 15, 2009, 08:15:43 PM

I fired up this mod for a bit.

Not a fan.

Basically I went tearing through everything with my Godadin, automatic AOE spells flying and demolishing everything on the screen.

Maybe I found it so boring because I just played D2 through a few weeks ago. And just quit WoW a month ago, which is kind of the same thing. Just with more cockblocking and better graphics.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
schild
Administrator

Reply #47 on: May 15, 2009, 08:18:07 PM

And just quit WoW a month ago, which is kind of the same thing.

Don't say things like that. It's wrong and makes my skin crawl.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: July 12, 2009, 02:49:49 PM

I just started to play Diablo2 (no mods) again.  Fun game!  I think I only played it through once, and never cheated or got boosted or anything, so I'm pretty newbish.  Not enough inventory space! 
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: July 13, 2009, 01:44:12 PM

Inventory space drove me NUTS.

Also please give Diablo III asap thx.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: Diablo 2 LoD/Median XL: Fight  
Jump to: