Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:12:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Gonzo: The Life and Work of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gonzo: The Life and Work of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson  (Read 2261 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

on: February 02, 2009, 09:02:37 AM

This is out on DvD now.  Did anyone see it and is it worth buying?  I have seen mixed reviews but none here.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 09:06:18 AM

I've got it on my newflix streaming queue.  I'll check it out sometime this week and post my thoughts.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 09:23:27 AM

Great!  Heart

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 02:27:31 PM

I watched about half of it before I realized I wasn't paying enough attention to actually give it it's due.  I'll go back and rewatch it at some point.  It's interesting, but mildly incoherent, not the sort of thing I can watch in the background while doing other stuff.  That said, I didn't watch the whole thing, only around up through his stint with the hells angels, and a bit about him starting to cover politics, so I don't know if it goes completely off the rails into ramble land or not.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 07:14:56 PM

Evidently, it's narrated by Johnny Depp.  I love Johnny Depp and I wouldn't mind listening to him narrate stuff with his Jack Sparrow voice but that wouldn't quite fit, would it? 

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 10:49:42 AM

Evidently, it's narrated by Johnny Depp.  I love Johnny Depp and I wouldn't mind listening to him narrate stuff with his Jack Sparrow voice but that wouldn't quite fit, would it? 

I dunno, he always came across drunk in those movies, I'd almost call that a fit given the topic at hand.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 11:48:16 PM

Wasn't he the main actor in Fear and Loathing? He did an awsome job, considering it was the oddest casting choice, like, ever.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 01:36:25 AM

Wasn't he the main actor in Fear and Loathing? He did an awsome job, considering it was the oddest casting choice, like, ever.
If you have to ask, we have to punch you.

I felt Bill Murray was a stranger choice in Where the Buffalo Roam when I first heard of it.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 07:24:51 AM

Hey, I'm terrible at celebrites. As a reedeming factor, I have actually read most of Hunter S. Thompson.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Gonzo: The Life and Work of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson  
Jump to: