Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:26:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Web Games List (Help us complete it, if possible!) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Web Games List (Help us complete it, if possible!)  (Read 18974 times)
schild
Administrator

on: January 28, 2009, 10:38:48 PM

Using Wikipedia, google ads, and this forum, I've compiled a list of the web games I can find.

Located here, on our wiki.

I'm not sure we'll ever find them all, but hey, it's a start. Halp!
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 07:00:44 AM

Dam, that's more than i knew about. Browser based games usually fall under my radar..but with recent advances in tech, this may not be the case for too long.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 10:14:17 AM

NationStates looks interesting.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 10:43:34 AM

NationStates looks interesting.

This was actually played back at Waterthread when the world was on a Jennifer Government kick. It was pretty great. Nationstates 2 is a money grab, unfortunately.
Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 10:37:48 PM

Kind of curious as to why you don't have the IA games up there myself :P

Rumors of War
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 11:10:17 PM

Kind of curious as to why you don't have the IA games up there myself :P

I class them under a different category with things like Flash Games, Metaplace, and Unity3D based games.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 09:50:38 AM

Nexus War?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 09:53:02 AM

Could we perhaps rank on quality too so I don't have to go to shit games?

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 10:02:53 AM

Nexus War?

Good call.

Could we perhaps rank on quality too so I don't have to go to shit games?

No. However! I can say with no uncertainty that the CCG with the most avatar worthy material is Fantasy Cards. Which also has, imo, the best name ever for a card game. I kind of want to name my next game based on the content genre.

Check this shit out:

How freaking awesome.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 10:06:50 AM

Here's a new one just announced but not yet playable:

Earth Eternal
http://www.eartheternal.com/

I'm not sure I understand why you don't have Metaplace and Unity3D games on this list.  Why are they different?
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 10:09:50 AM

I'm not sure I understand why you don't have Metaplace and Unity3D games on this list.  Why are they different?

They're platforms. I'm not making a middleware list.
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 02:56:15 PM

Earth Eternal will be a download-slash-plugin game.  Looks fun, though.

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 18, 2009, 06:09:58 AM

Where would Earth Eternal go then?

Is there a list of middleware games?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #13 on: March 18, 2009, 07:31:50 AM

Here's a new one just announced but not yet playable:

Earth Eternal
http://www.eartheternal.com/

We had a thread about this a year or so ago.  The thread ended up all about SirBruce, furries, etc.  Sad.  The guy making it, Matt Mihaly, was part of BatMUD and he's great.  Brilliant MUD, too.  He almost was going to come here and chat about things but I think he thought better of it after that thread.  In any case, this is probably NOT going to be a shit game and should be included.  It'll be adorable if we can see past our phobic muzzles and give it a chance.  Like I said in that other thread, I plan to be a bunny not on a Slurry server!   Ohhhhh, I see.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #14 on: March 18, 2009, 08:07:56 AM

Planetarion
Original developer: Fifth Season AS
Country of Origin: Norway
Was bought by Jolt in 2003, then bought again by Renegade Games Limited in Feb 2009.
Design Methodology: Uhm... Turn-based strategy-thing? =P
Payment structure: Free / RMT?
The objective of the game is to attain a higher score than your opponents, which can be achieved primarily by stealing their asteroids and destroying their fleets. The game offers a player the choice between five races, each with their own ships and advantages, allowing for a variety of strategies. Every few months, the game is reset, at which point winners are declared and a new round of play starts, commonly with a number of new features and updates to keep the gameplay balanced.

The game updates once per hour, which is called a tick ingame. Every action within the game, from the construction of a factory to the attack of another planet, takes a set number of these ticks, which gives the game a unique mix between turn-based and real-time gameplay, as it allows players only a limited window of time to react to other player's actions. Because of this, cooperation and communication between planets is a necessity, which leads to a strong sense of community play as the players organise themselves into alliances.

Kings_of_Chaos
Original developer: Kings of Chaos, LLC
Country of Origin: ??
Design Methodology: Strategy?
Payment Structure: ??
Warning: Someone has hi-jacked the homepage link for Kings of Chaos on wikipedia and entered their own user as referal or some such. :P

Tradewars Rising
Original developer: Sylien Games
Country of Origin: Canada
Design Methodology: Strategy
Payment Structure: ??

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 19, 2009, 06:17:19 AM

Tribal Wars
Innogames
Travian type.
Free/rmt.

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 19, 2009, 03:58:05 PM

Black Nova Traders
Original Developer: Ron Harwood in 2000, is now open source.
Country of Origin: Unknown
Design Methodology: Space-based trading sim + Base building + Some PVP.
Payment Structure: Free

This is pretty much a straight 1:1 copy of the old TradeWars door game.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 10:27:15 PM

Utopia Kingdoms   (JUST got released)
Legends of Zork   (been out a month I believe)

Both are made by Jolt Online and are very polished.  They're not very deep, but entertaining nonetheless.  Zork is good for killin shyt and takin their loot.  UK is more of an empire builder ala Ikariam/Travian but more centered around a central character, who also has stats.  I'm trying them both.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 08:40:21 AM

We had a thread about this a year or so ago.  The thread ended up all about SirBruce, furries, etc.  Sad.  The guy making it, Matt Mihaly, was part of BatMUD and he's great.  Brilliant MUD, too.

To further derail, Matt is more commonly known for his "pay for perks" MUD, Achaea. http://www.achaea.com/

- Viin
schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: May 21, 2009, 06:28:17 PM

Dead Frontier seems to be a new zombie apocalypse mmo - just rolled an account, looks fun but not 100% whats going on. 

May post a new thread in a couple of days if i get a handle on the game, so far my pen-knife doesn't seem to be cutting zombie mustard...

*Should be working*
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: May 26, 2009, 11:20:15 PM

Don't want to start a new thread, so I'll ask here:

Anyone know of a good city builder type with no (or opt-in only) PVP? I liked Nile a lot but got kind of bored, looking for something like that. But midnight raids are a deal breaker, so fuck Travian and anything that looks like Travian.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #21 on: June 23, 2009, 03:15:48 PM

Nile is the best I've found.  Everything else has Travian-esque shit.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: October 30, 2010, 10:30:56 PM

Probably don't click that.

AKA Gyoza
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Web Games List (Help us complete it, if possible!)  
Jump to: