Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:56:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Dark Solstice 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dark Solstice  (Read 5410 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: January 26, 2009, 06:43:28 AM

From the FAQ:
Dark Solstice is a multi-player online RPG. The game is room based with 2.5D graphics. We opted against going 3D so that we could provide a fresh new look to our fantasy world. We hope you like it..

Link to site

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 02:16:46 PM

Fractional dimensions:  They don't mean what they think they mean

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 02:26:37 PM

This looks really bad. I think there was something similar called The Realms from Sierra back in the day?

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 07:39:19 AM

This looks really bad. I think there was something similar called The Realms from Sierra back in the day?

Yes, i am sure they were inspired by it, also, this is a very indi endeavor.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 07:46:35 AM

I think The Realm (no 's') is still running and just as horrifyingly clip-arty as before.

I played it many, many years ago. It was interesting then. Possibly, arguably, deserves a tiny tiny notice in history books, but very few should be emulating it today.
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 09:15:30 AM

The Realm I think was bought by Codemasters or owned by them at some point.  I think that game came out a little bit before UO was first out.  It wasn't as mainstream as UO, but it does still have some followers.  My ex-wife used to play it and still kinda enjoys it and remembers it fondly (similar to how I remember UO from back in the day).

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Dark Solstice  
Jump to: