Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:12:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: EVE: Exodus 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EVE: Exodus  (Read 4434 times)
SurfD
Terracotta Army

on: November 24, 2004, 01:44:24 AM

I see over on the official EVE website that the new expantion, Exodus, has gone live.  Anyone here still play EVE who could give us a peak at what new stuff is in this?

I for one actually enjoyed my time playing the betatest, and have been toying on and off with the idea of getting into EVE.

Bah, too many fun MMOGS I want to play, and not enough cash or time to play them all.  Being slightly burned out on CoH at the moment, EVE and WoW are on my list of things to look at, but I only have Cash/Time to mess with one at a time.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 05:04:47 AM

I downloaded the new Exodus client last night while I was waiting in the WoW queue and eating dinner so I haven't had the opportunity to try it out yet, but I'll probably get around to it sometime this weekend or next week.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 06:38:50 AM

Pretty ballsy for a group to name their expansion EXODUS (ie. the massive departure of a group of people)

They should rename ToA to that.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 08:19:38 AM

Remember how they said that at ship, they'd have player owned and built space stations? Exodus finally adds them. That's the big-ticket item.

For the rest of it, see here:

http://www.eve-online.com/features/exodus/

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 24, 2004, 03:48:01 PM

What is EVE like anyway? It seems to be pretty cool but is it a fun game or still more of the grind?

Oh for shits and giggles, WW2OL just announced its first expansion. Not to come out for another year though...boggle.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 24, 2004, 04:06:12 PM

EVE's allright, there's fun to be had in the game, but only if you happen to like the exact features it offers and weren't expecting something else.

First major thing:  it's not a space combat sim a la Freespace 2, or even Freelancer.  There's no joystick support, and dodging doesn't do squat.  Combat IS a major part of the game, but it consists more of turreted (capital) ships sitting there duking it out and trying to out-jam each other...  Except that it still takes seconds to win/blow up, mostly due to the fact that the most common (PVP) combat scenario is 1 vs. ganksquad.  PVE combat is more relaxed; you have time to make decisions and apply tactics to respond to what's happening on screen.

Second major thing:  Game is skill-based (no classes), and you can train skills when offline, so the grind is about making money.  And the point of the grind is to have enough cash to cover PvP losses.  If you're not gonna PvP, you'll get bored six months from now, when you have all the cash and ships you could ever want and nothing interesting/exciting to do with them.

Other than that, graphics are pretty good, the playerbase is mature, and the game is pretty stable (except on patch days).  Devs generally communicate, and they seem to be adding features and moving the game along satisfactorily.  If you feel like downloading the client (500 MB) from their official site, you can then post on the www.eve-i.com fansite asking for a buddy/7-day free trial key, and someone'll hook you up.
Moroni

Email
Reply #6 on: November 24, 2004, 07:18:14 PM

Is it nearly as fun as that scam article that guy wrote insinuated that it was? I think he edited a lot of the travel time. Otherwise more people would be playing it, no?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: EVE: Exodus  
Jump to: