Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:27:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Trading Insured Ships 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trading Insured Ships  (Read 1624 times)
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

on: January 08, 2009, 11:28:32 AM

No one has been able to give me a very confident answer on this.  I have a rigged/plat insured BS I need to sell.  If I TRADE (not contract) it to someone will it keep the plat insurance and payout to the new owner if it gets popped?  Seems a waste to contract it otherwise and lose the insurance, or insurance fraud it while it's rigged.  cry

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 11:31:38 AM

Trading a ship won't automatically annul the insurance and neither will contracting it IIRC, however if the ship gets blown up while being flown by someone else, then the insurance won't pay out.

The selected item will be insured while in your possession for the duration of the contract. Repackaging the item will void the contract. The contract will be considered void if the item or ship is destroyed while being in the possession of somebody else. Do you accept the above terms and still want to insure the selected item?

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 04:09:06 PM

Contracting does indeed void insurance.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 04:29:55 PM

I believe it is possible for a Director to corp insure ships, at which point as long as they remain whole (aren't repackaged for sale or transport) and they are destroyed while flown by a corp member, the corporate wallet gets the payout.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
sanctuary
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 06:31:04 PM

I believe it is possible for a Director to corp insure ships, at which point as long as they remain whole (aren't repackaged for sale or transport) and they are destroyed while flown by a corp member, the corporate wallet gets the payout.

This is correct.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Trading Insured Ships  
Jump to: