Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:21:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Marley and Me 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marley and Me  (Read 4452 times)
Broughden
Terracotta Army

I put the 'shill' in 'cockmonkey'.

on: January 03, 2009, 10:19:46 PM

Just saw this two nights ago. My wife and I cried our eyes out in the theater. Very good and very emotional movie. You are most likely to enjoy it if you are 30+ and married, and or have a dog.

If you aren't at that, middle aged-married-kids or want to have kids-dog stage...you probably wont connect emotionally with this movie. Seriously Jennifer Aniston's best ever.

The wave of the Reagan coalition has shattered on the rocky shore of Bush's incompetence. - Abagadro
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 04:11:55 AM

Way to set the bar high.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 04:48:50 AM

Respect the spoiler if you plan to see this movie

Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 05:55:49 AM

It's exactly what Broughden said. The wife and I definitely enjoyed it, but we fit into his category pretty much perfectly.
ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 10:15:24 PM

I've read a review or two for this movie, doesn't it seem misrepresented in the trailers (even more so than is typical)?
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 10:59:11 PM

They've done this movie before.  Its called Old Yeller. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 11:19:58 PM

I've read a review or two for this movie, doesn't it seem misrepresented in the trailers (even more so than is typical)?

Yeah.  I've had a lot of customers who have been unhappy because they thought it would be more of a family comedy.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 11:22:48 PM

The movie is fucking sad. Don't see this unless you want to experience said emotion.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 03:08:08 AM

Hmmm.  Isn't that kinda a spoiler ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 03:23:00 AM

Yeah.  I've had a lot of customers who have been unhappy because they thought it would be more of a family comedy.

I want someone to make a horrible gore-fest movie like Saw or any of its copycats, and market it as a family comedy. It would make me happy.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 03:40:22 AM

My wife loved the book but she won't go and see the film because it will make her cry. I have to be really careful about animal films, I bought her a NatGeo DVD for Christmas about a baby polar bear and she can only watch it to halfway through because the polar bear's brother dies. She'll watch people getting fucked up quite happily but she can't watch bad things happen to animals.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 04:03:24 AM

Ha, and how is that your fault?

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 05:57:47 AM

Hm, I'm not a dog person and Old Yeller hasn't made me cry since I was 10. Maybe I'll drag the wife to it later.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Broughden
Terracotta Army

I put the 'shill' in 'cockmonkey'.

Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 06:42:06 AM

This is better.
SPOILER RESPONSE....

Me and my wife laughed. We bought a yellow lab back on Halloween night. We have lived through some of the stuff Marley did.
But yes...we cried a lot as well.

The wave of the Reagan coalition has shattered on the rocky shore of Bush's incompetence. - Abagadro
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 06:38:55 AM

Yet every trailer makes it out to be generic slpstick family comedy 101. The trailers basically made me think "Well, I guess Aniston's career is over, doing borderline direct to video family comedies".

Maybe they were done by the same group that released the trailers for that heartwarming romance movie, Zack and Miri.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 04:24:05 PM

The screenwriter, Scott Frank, is one of my favorites. Sounds like the sort of movie I could take my mom to. Maybe I will.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Marley and Me  
Jump to: