Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:26:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Anyone thought about going back to DAOC? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone thought about going back to DAOC?  (Read 23101 times)
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: January 08, 2009, 09:03:45 AM

To answer the original question: Yes, I thought about it.  But then I sobered up.  And since even if I had resubbed I wouldn't have been able to kill Fordel like in the old days, what would have been the point?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Over and out.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #36 on: January 08, 2009, 12:03:16 PM

To answer the original question: Yes, I thought about it.  But then I sobered up.  And since even if I had resubbed I wouldn't have been able to kill Fordel like in the old days, what would have been the point?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

We need a warlock in WoW you know...

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: January 08, 2009, 03:21:08 PM

Not until I soak up the rest of the casting epics we don't.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: January 08, 2009, 03:59:39 PM

So I looked up Vae Victis on Igraine on the Herald and it's down to one (1) member.  awesome, for real

Looking at the numbers there, how much longer are they going to leave that game on life support?

Over and out.
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: January 08, 2009, 04:02:25 PM

As long as they can still keep soaking up some cash doing basically nothing.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #40 on: January 08, 2009, 04:03:34 PM

So I looked up Vae Victis on Igraine on the Herald and it's down to one (1) member.  awesome, for real

Looking at the numbers there, how much longer are they going to leave that game on life support?

Yeah... I don't think the Herald is especially reliable:

http://guilds.camelotherald.com/characters/chardisplay.php?server=Igraine&c=150462

Characters whose accounts are closed are not available for viewing.

O rly?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: January 08, 2009, 04:07:58 PM

I think Ing is correct: http://guilds.camelotherald.com/guilds/guild.php?s=Igraine&g=148 doesn't look terribly accurate.

Then again maybe Nale went mad with power!

Always a favorite: http://guilds.camelotherald.com/characters/chardisplay.php?server=Igraine&c=371857  awesome, for real

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: January 08, 2009, 04:17:27 PM

Yeah... I don't think the Herald is especially reliable:

http://guilds.camelotherald.com/characters/chardisplay.php?server=Igraine&c=150462

O rly?

Does your wife know you're still playing DAoC on the sly?  shocked

Over and out.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: January 08, 2009, 04:20:00 PM

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #44 on: January 08, 2009, 05:31:31 PM

I'm almost sad Sjofn's rottng corpse isn't showing up on the Herald. :(

The main thing about douchebaggery in DAoC was there were people who tried to be less douchebaggy FOR TEH REALM, but there was also a lot of leeway (at least in Midgard/Igraine, due to the aforementioned population problem) for douchebags to douchebag because even though they were douchebags, they were still warm bodies in the frontier.

God Save the Horn Players
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: January 08, 2009, 06:51:18 PM

SEE IF I EVER HEAL FOR THE REALM AGAIN!

Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #46 on: January 20, 2009, 12:10:21 AM

O rly?

The culling of inactives was often iffy when I was there because it had to hit a snapshot of (a small portion of) the billing database to check. This was for obvious reasons not something you'd want to open up to, say, a web server.

The entire Herald data export was a huge honking hack anyway (It was state of the art for 2002!) and when I left was mostly maintained through baling wire and copious amounts of cursing. I take full responsibility for its fairly constant blowing up in people's faces (and can only imagine the nightmare faced by people trying to figure out the random scraps of Delphi, PHP, Perl, and C code I left behind), though I *thought* it had gotten fairly reliable around 2004ish when we finally merged a lot of the Herald export code into the game server itself.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 12:15:12 AM by Lum »
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: January 22, 2009, 09:45:36 AM

Bah humbug:

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/56837

From the article: "(Mark) also added that Warhammer Online is the only title being worked on at Mythic, and vowed that the studio "will continue to work on WAR for quite a while."

So much for DAOC!! RIP.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: January 22, 2009, 10:16:47 AM

Didn't they also oversee the rotting corpse UO?

Over and out.
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: January 22, 2009, 10:55:54 AM

Didn't they also oversee the rotting corpse UO?

Yes.
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #50 on: January 22, 2009, 09:52:54 PM

Bah humbug:

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/56837

From the article: "(Mark) also added that Warhammer Online is the only title being worked on at Mythic, and vowed that the studio "will continue to work on WAR for quite a while."

So much for DAOC!! RIP.

That was a paraphrase added by Shacknews in reference to *future* titles. Say what you will about Mark, I am 100% sure he knows which projects are active in his building.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Anyone thought about going back to DAOC?  
Jump to: