Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:14:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Vicky Cristina Barcelona 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vicky Cristina Barcelona  (Read 2714 times)
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

on: December 26, 2008, 11:39:11 PM

Anyone seen this yet?  Just watched it and I thought it was great.

schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 01:16:11 AM

Did you just punk us? This movie is bad Woody Allen shit. You just have a mancrush on Javier Bardem. Which is fine, but fuck, man, just fuck.
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 02:38:07 AM

The only reason I would bother watching it is to see Rebecca Hall, so please: do tell all.  I think she's fine as hell.
nurtsi
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 02:43:05 AM

I saw this some time ago and  I liked it. The movie just confirms that women are crazy and can't settle for anything  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Penélope Cruz is freakin' hot in this. She just keeps getting better with age and totally stole the show for me. I'm still not convinced about Scarlett's acting ability. Anyway, one of the better Woody movies (as he doesn't act in it).
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 03:07:38 AM

The only reason I would bother watching it is to see Rebecca Hall, so please: do tell all.  I think she's fine as hell.

She looks like a low-rent Kate Beckinsdale in this.

However, Scarlett goes damn near topless and makes out with Penelope Cruz. Between that and Javier Bardem, there's no mystery as to why Ookii liked it. Unfortunately, it was a piece of shit.

The movie just confirms that women are crazy and can't settle for anything  Oh ho ho ho.

No doubt. At the same time, I have no reason to watch a movie to be reaffirmed of such things, it just seems like wasted effort.

I watched Babylon A.D. tonight and enjoyed it more than this. And that's saying a lot, as it was also a real piece of shit. At least Vin Diesel didn't sound like such an artsy fuckhead. Javier Bardem should stick to killing for pleasure and profit.
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 10:44:33 AM

You have no soul schild so you can't watch romantic movies like this.  It has an 82% on Rotten Tomatoes and has a 7.7 on IMDB, the writing is fantastic and Penelope Cruz is awesome in it (as well as Bardem).

schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 04:22:24 PM

You have no soul schild so you can't watch romantic movies like this.  It has an 82% on Rotten Tomatoes and has a 7.7 on IMDB, the writing is fantastic and Penelope Cruz is awesome in it (as well as Bardem).
The fucking narrator ruined the movie. An 82 isn't That Good. And this wasn't a romance it was an artsy slice of life movie. Romance movies tend not to take an "everything falls apart" angle. Woody Allen needs to go the fuck away.
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 04:29:39 PM

I wouldn't quite be that harsh about Woody Allen.  Curse of the Jade Scorpion was hilarious.
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 04:32:19 PM

I wouldn't quite be that harsh about Woody Allen.  Curse of the Jade Scorpion was hilarious.
Touche.

But that really doesn't forgive his constant need to keep a video diary of everything neurotic and insecure that his mind's eye can dream up.
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 04:36:07 PM

True.  It is tiring for him to keep falling on the same shtick that he has been using since he started.  More movies like Sweet and Lowdown, please.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Vicky Cristina Barcelona  
Jump to: