Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:37:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Frost/Nixon 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Frost/Nixon  (Read 1324 times)
schild
Administrator

on: December 25, 2008, 02:04:26 AM

Please, please go see this movie.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 02:21:55 AM

Agreed.  I know a lot of the people here at f13 are intelligent enough to go see something like this at least.  I'm putting a voodoo curse on anyone who goes to see the Spirit instead (although no curse would be worse than having to sit through that movie).
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 07:20:57 AM

Better than Oliver Stone's Nixon? I thought that was pretty damn good -- albeit, I know Stone had a completely different direction there. Both versions look like they're playing up how insane Nixon was though.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 12:15:47 PM

Better than Oliver Stone's Nixon? I thought that was pretty damn good -- albeit, I know Stone had a completely different direction there. Both versions look like they're playing up how insane Nixon was though.

I wouldn't say insane.  Frank Langella did an amazing job as Nixon, and they really humanize him.  This is Nixon at a low point in his life, and there are times when you want to feel sorry for him, from his drunken phone call to Frost, through parts of final day of interviewing, to the aftermath.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Frost/Nixon  
Jump to: