Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:32:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 14 Years later, we get one up on the Rangers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 14 Years later, we get one up on the Rangers  (Read 5349 times)
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

on: December 19, 2008, 05:57:01 AM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=260123

I honestly didn't think it would happen... Yes, it's just one year, and yes I remember what happened the last time the Canucks did something like this, but I'm still excited.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 07:44:46 AM

If he can stay healthy (and Luongo comes back), they could make some noise. I am amazed he didn't go to NY.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 09:48:09 AM

He didn't go to NY because they offered him $5m/year and wouldn't budge. He wanted to go to NY.

Vancouver obviously offered $10m/year.

Of which he'll make about $5m because he sat around jerking off in Sweden for so long...

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 12:23:58 AM

That isn't fair, he totally jerked off in California for awhile too!  Ohhhhh, I see.

As long as he isn't too broken down by age and what not, it'll be quite the show for Vancouver.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 02:11:25 AM

Fair enough, but how can you not be kicking yourself in the ass for giving up $5m for not playing hockey for the last couple of months.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 07:16:09 AM

I was actually hoping the Rangers would get him, just so they'd have to shed a ton of players to find the cap space, and then have Sundin get hurt because he hasn't played since fucking April.

So glad the Flyers didn't even try to bite on this one. Old Clarke would have been all over it, unfortunately.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 07:14:11 PM

Fair enough, but how can you not be kicking yourself in the ass for giving up $5m for not playing hockey for the last couple of months.

It's not like he spent all his cash from Toronto on Hookers and Blow.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Sundin wants a cup most of all, he pretty much has everything else, records, stats, money, even a Gold Medal.

It'll be quite exciting to see him play with people that don't reinvent ways to suck every week.

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 05:02:19 AM

Which is the truth, because Toronto is even failing to lose properly at the moment.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 02:16:58 PM

Sundin is due to debut tonight against Edmonton. He'll likely be playing on a line with Wellwood.

Someone recently pointed out that we are counting on having our season saved by two ex Leafs.

ACK!

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 02:39:46 PM

At least it isn't Leafs management!

Odds are 50/50 on Sundin actually finishing the game without some sort of nagging injury that will plague him the rest of the year but still allow him to keep collecting checks.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 03:25:58 PM

I'd say 50/50 is pretty fair.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 07, 2009, 11:41:30 PM

Sundin is due to debut tonight against Edmonton. He'll likely be playing on a line with Wellwood.

Someone recently pointed out that we are counting on having our season saved by two ex Leafs.

ACK!

Wellwood got a bad rap here, because he got seriously hurt and was basically playing with a hernia or something for a year. Then Toronto ate his confidence and probably parts of his soul  awesome, for real

WayAbvPar

Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 08:51:00 AM

Good thing the Oilers played like shit. The Canucks had one line working at all. The Sedin/Demitra line is practically comatose these days. Also, Zach Stortini is a fucking ape.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 14 Years later, we get one up on the Rangers  
Jump to: