Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:21:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Aliens vs Predator: Requiem 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aliens vs Predator: Requiem  (Read 3492 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

on: December 08, 2008, 08:42:03 AM

DO NOT WATCH

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 08:43:56 AM

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 08:49:36 AM

Yeah, complete fucking crap. The film was so dark, I couldn't tell shit about what was going on. Characters seemed to know each other without any explanation. The human fodder was focused on way too much yet developed way too shallow, and the alien/predator hybrid was stupid.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 08:59:41 AM

Worst part... well the darkness was pretty bad.  But it had the "1980's horror movie" template so hard that I thought Jason Voorhees was going to get involved.  It even had the "multiracial jock gang" thing and the "dorky guy + hot girl" bit and the "cop and thug are friends" chestnut.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 09:02:38 AM

I honestly thought my DVD Player was broken.

For the first time, I knew how Stevie Wonder would feel about a Predator Movie.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 09:04:28 AM

I did not mind it but holy crap it was dark I had to adjust the freaking contrast on my tv and turn off all lights in my house and even then it was freaking dark.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 10:26:36 AM

I find this film hard to hate because it's got a predator being badass, a cheerleader being impaled to the wall by a 3 foot shuriken and a guy getting his face melted off with alien blood.  Admittedly, that was all in the trailer too. But then there was the scene
I could probably watch this film again if I was totally lubed up on Stella because it's just so fucking hysterically horrendous. I wouldn't recommend watching it sober though. That can do things to a man's mind. 

Bad, terrible things.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 11:10:26 AM

I tried watching this on a random streaming site since I guessed it wouldn't be worth watching and was curious. After trying a dozen places that all seemed to have some shittily dark version (that apparently is what it's actually like) I managed to make it about 20 minutes in before losing interest. I kind of wish I could have at least enjoyed it as a brainless action/horror but god it was bad.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 11:11:55 AM

Hehe, I only watched this on Saturday and apparently I had already blocked the thing Draconian spoilered from my mind.  Conversely, I can't seem to block the Dirty Jobs scene where Mike Rowe is squeezing a giant pimple from a goat hide.  Would that I could.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Aliens vs Predator: Requiem  
Jump to: