Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:28:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: My Name is Bruce 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Name is Bruce  (Read 2839 times)
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

on: December 05, 2008, 01:08:53 PM

Finally saw this and I liked it alot.  It's your typical Bruce Campbell B-movie stuff however.  I'd rate it as good as Bubba Ho-Tep.
Evil Elvis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 03:15:26 PM

I wanted to like this movie, but I couldn't.  If it was shooting for self-aware campiness, it failed.  Campbell didn't even have a single memorable line in the entire movie.  The evil bean curd monster was quite possibly the lamest thing I've ever seen.  The only thing that even gave me a chuckle were the gay hillbillies.  Yeah.

And everybody loves Bubba Ho-Tep
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 03:16:11 PM

Is it out on DVD now? None of the theatres near me were showing it, so I missed out on the Bruce action.
Evil Elvis
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 03:43:49 PM

Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 11:15:10 PM

Given that I didn't know about this movie until I clicked on the thread, and given the site this was posted on, I thought for one horrifying moment that this was going to be the most disturbing documentary ever  ACK!

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 08:42:53 AM

Given that I didn't know about this movie until I clicked on the thread, and given the site this was posted on, I thought for one horrifying moment that this was going to be the most disturbing documentary ever  ACK!

Lol. What kills me is running into him on the Warhammer VN boards. I keep getting icky flashbacks to some of his posts.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: My Name is Bruce  
Jump to: