Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:40:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Destroyed in Seconds 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Destroyed in Seconds  (Read 4738 times)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

on: December 04, 2008, 06:22:09 PM

I really like watching this show. But then I feel like a bad person afterwords.  Ohhhhh, I see.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 11:17:04 AM

You should.  I know I do. awesome, for real

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 11:05:05 AM

Here is my summary of most DISes i've watched...

BOOM

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 08:49:26 PM

Wooooo, DiS marathon on Discovery right now!

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 02:02:49 AM

Wooooo, DiS marathon on Discovery right now!

I really dug the marathon. That satisfied my apetite for destruction for a while. This show is definitely a guilty pleasure. This and Cops.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 12:33:29 PM

I also love this show. My daughter and wife indulge a lot of my other more curious TV preferences, but neither one of them seems to find this as compelling.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 07:12:29 AM

I was watching this with my kids (6,4,3) and the wife asked me to turn it off after the C-17 with retro-fitted rockets crashed.

I have never played WoW.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 09:30:10 PM

Ahhhhh. Another highly satisfying episode tonight. I particularly like the natural gas one with the wicked power-pole torch.

It also confirmed my belief that if you are dumb enough to go climb a mountain and get fucked up, it should be too bad, so sad and society shouldn't bust out the 15 million dollar helicopter to come get your ass.

-H.L. Mencken
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 10:21:40 AM

Yup I was always of the opinion that if you do risky things like climbing a mountain don't expect others to risk their life for you. If you cannot get back under your own power we are not going to waste the time/resources/ other lives to help you.
Mr_PeaCH
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 10:42:31 AM

Another great show in this vein is Time Warp where the guys point a super slow-mo camera at stuff, often while it is being destroyed.  The best I've seen was dropping the frozen turkey in the deep fryer.   awesome, for real  Less guilt, lots of pleasure.

COME ON YOU SPURS!
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 11:52:25 AM

Yes time warp is very cool. A lot of things look very interesting and impressive when done in super slow mo.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #11 on: January 07, 2009, 08:54:42 PM

Another 'yes time warp is cool' vote here. A DVR favorite.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Destroyed in Seconds  
Jump to: