Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:21:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Inside Man 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Inside Man  (Read 3913 times)
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

on: December 04, 2008, 11:22:12 AM

Director:  Spike Lee
Stars:  Denzel Washington, Jodie Foster, Clive Owen

Really, really dig this movie.  Little bit of a hook to it, I suppose.  Great, great dialogue, keep you on the edge of your seat suspense.  At least for me.

Plus, Jodie Foster is smoking hot in this movie, with the best legs evar.  Never thought she was that much of a hottie until this movie.

It's definately on my buy list next time I'm out.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 11:34:21 AM

It's a film I enjoy a lot and I watched it a ton when it was on HBO.  Off the top of my head, probably my favorite bank heist movie.  I just saw "The Bank Job" recently, which I also enjoyed.

Clive Owen is just gold and Denzel was particularly strong in this also.  Plus Kim Director's boobs rock.  The movie was just well made and a lot of fun, and I was pleasantly surprised that I liked this one so much.

edit: removed possible spoiler.

-Rasix
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 12:05:11 PM

Excellent movie.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 12:58:18 PM

This could sound racist, but I wish Spike made more non-racial movies (believe me, I'd say the same for any director of any race.. don't care for Scorsese to make a bunch of movies about Italian Americans either. I'm just saying that Spike could be excellent at anything if he wanted to). To be fair though, Spike seems have to branched out more in recent years. Plus.. There's an Inside Man sequel in the works as we speak.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 01:05:20 PM by Stray »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 01:57:31 PM

I loved this movie.

SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 02:12:54 PM

For me, it had alot of quiet 'hole-eee-shit' moments with a sharp chuckle.  The script was just so smartly written, with so many memorable quotes.

Did a bit of research on the writer.  He penned 'Righteous Kill' with De Niro and Pacino.  Worth a watch?
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 05:48:26 AM

I'm gay for Clive so naturally I enjoyed this movie.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 08:44:38 AM

This is why I didn't see it in the theater and won't buy it on DvD. I did watch it on cable and Clive is great in it. But if Spike Lee is involved I will be giving it no money. I hate Spike Lee and refuse to pay him to talk about how much I oppress him. Get over it Spike. Shit. We've elected a black man now, can we move on?

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 02:12:50 AM

Hey, I like him to branch out more to general subjects too (because he's an excellent filmmaker), but he doesn't talk about much you oppress him. You sound like a fucking moron when you say that. Do the Right Thing was his closest to pointing out racial animosities, but it didn't throw guilty entirely to one side. Malcolm X was a biography -- and one that didn't hide the fact that X started being at odds with radical, one-sided views with those of his own race and religion - and was eventually killed by them. Three Little Girls and the Katrina documentary were simply heartbreaking. Jungle Fever was about... jungle fever. Not oppression.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 03:08:39 AM

This is why I didn't see it in the theater and won't buy it on DvD. I did watch it on cable and Clive is great in it. But if Spike Lee is involved I will be giving it no money. I hate Spike Lee and refuse to pay him to talk about how much I oppress him. Get over it Spike. Shit. We've elected a black man now, can we move on?

wut ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 03:11:08 AM

^ You are a superior poster than I. Why the fuck can't I just say that?  awesome, for real
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 09:30:10 AM

Hey, I like him to branch out more to general subjects too (because he's an excellent filmmaker), but he doesn't talk about much you oppress him. You sound like a fucking moron when you say that. Do the Right Thing was his closest to pointing out racial animosities, but it didn't throw guilty entirely to one side. Malcolm X was a biography -- and one that didn't hide the fact that X started being at odds with radical, one-sided views with those of his own race and religion - and was eventually killed by them. Three Little Girls and the Katrina documentary were simply heartbreaking. Jungle Fever was about... jungle fever. Not oppression.

I should have been clearer. I didn't mean in his movies. His movies aren't in your face Oliver Stone style, usually. I mean in his comments during interviews and such. I can give tons of quotes and examples if you'd like. Though it'll take me some time to do proper Google-fu. The easiest example I can think of has to do with Clint Eastwood.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 10:09:20 AM

Spike Lee is a douchey fucker who doesn't know how to shut up about things not related to his movies. Many of his movies, however, are quite good. Inside Man being one of those that should not be missed.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 10:36:18 AM

Spike Lee is a douchey fucker who doesn't know how to shut up about things not related to his movies. Many of his movies, however, are quite good. Inside Man being one of those that should not be missed.

Like I said, I watched it on cable and liked it. I'm just not going to purchase any of his movies or pay for them in the theater because I don't believe in giving my money to assholes if I don't have to. I'm nearly to the same point with Tom Cruise over his Scientology craziness even though MI:3 was pretty darn good for the most part.

The only problem I had with Inside Man was Jodie Foster. Her character felt superfluous to me.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Inside Man  
Jump to: