Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:06:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Bolt 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bolt  (Read 3582 times)
Broughden
Terracotta Army

I put the 'shill' in 'cockmonkey'.

on: December 01, 2008, 05:49:23 PM

Seriously. This movie is hilarious.

I might be a bit biased because my wife and I adopted a new kitten and puppy recently at the sametime. But the voice acting is great...and Rhino the hamster is hilarious.
My wife and I both give this movei two thumbs up and highly recommend it! Very fun and light hearted!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

The wave of the Reagan coalition has shattered on the rocky shore of Bush's incompetence. - Abagadro
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 06:21:53 PM

It actually wasn't too bad a movie, fairly entertaining.  And yes, Rhino was awesome.  lol
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 05:18:14 AM

Would it be okay for a 3.5 year-old, you think?

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 09:16:58 AM

It's taking it up the ass at the box office, which is a little surprising really.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 09:31:26 AM

My theory is: Bad timing.  This holiday season has sucked, and will continue to suck for everyone except retailers as people use their last bit of savings to have "one more good Christmas."  So they're spending on gifts as much as they can instead of doing extra stuff.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 03:20:22 PM

My theory is: Bad timing.  This holiday season has sucked, and will continue to suck for everyone except retailers as people use their last bit of savings to have "one more good Christmas."  So they're spending on gifts as much as they can instead of doing extra stuff.

It's not so much that (theaters are actually doing fairly well considering the current economic crisis).  People just don't really want to see Bolt.  Maybe it's partly due to the fact that it's a 3-D movie and there still aren't that many 3-D projectors out there.  Maybe it's the fact that Pixar and Dreamworks are the only names people care about when it comes to animated movies these days.
Broughden
Terracotta Army

I put the 'shill' in 'cockmonkey'.

Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 03:46:04 PM

Would it be okay for a 3.5 year-old, you think?

Yes. Without a doubt. It is a hilarious and charming movie.

The wave of the Reagan coalition has shattered on the rocky shore of Bush's incompetence. - Abagadro
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 04:09:11 PM

It's not so much that (theaters are actually doing fairly well considering the current economic crisis).  People just don't really want to see Bolt.  Maybe it's partly due to the fact that it's a 3-D movie and there still aren't that many 3-D projectors out there.  Maybe it's the fact that Pixar and Dreamworks are the only names people care about when it comes to animated movies these days.

It's 3-d? I didn't know that.. yeah that'd hurt it some I think.  Nobody likes wearing those fucking glasses.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 02:28:14 AM

It's 3-d? I didn't know that.. yeah that'd hurt it some I think.  Nobody likes wearing those fucking glasses.

3-D isn't something I'm really going to care much about until Avatar (although I wouldn't mind seeing Coraline in 3-D).  It's a way to get people back into the theaters to see something that can't be duplicated by their HDTV's and 7.1 surround sound.

Bolt was the start of Disney/Pixar's push into 3-D.  Every movie they release in the theaters now will be available in 3-D including Pixar's next movie "Up" releasing in May, and the rereleases of Toy Story and Toy Story 2 scheduled for 2009 and 2010 respectively.  Bolt is available in non-3-D format as well, (and presumably the rest of their upcoming releases will be as well), but I think a lot of people who don't live near theaters with 3-D projectors are turned off by the fact that they can't see the movie as it was intended to be viewed.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Bolt  
Jump to: