Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:39:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: What are you working on? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 125297 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

on: December 01, 2008, 08:39:18 AM

Curious as to what people are working on.  There is a shit-ton of content in this game and I'd like for us to have a bullshit thread for talking about our exploits.

I saw something from Arzo about surviving with 20 morale last night, and that reminds me of yesterdays trip into a Great Barrow instance.  My wife got a lv18 epic to go into the Great Barrow, so we both went in and had a pretty good time.  The most memorable bit for me was running too late, at 23 morale, and hauling ass back up the barrow with two cursed wights on my ass.  My wife, god bless her, was able to get those things off of me before I died.  She kept saying "where are you going" and I kept saying "the fuck outta here" then "come back down here" which was met with "fuck no, you get these things off my ass".  Good times.  Of course we both died later in what I assume is the final room where we get loaded up with Dread and gang-raped by wights.  We might try it again and I will try that Radiance horn I got from the Moria pre-order tokens, maybe it will at least keep the screen from going all dark and maybe we will panic just a little bit less.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 12:14:15 PM

Just finished everything in Bree area and BD's except for the 3 Great Barrows quests.  Next up is the Great Barrow and/or driving ruthlessly through the Lone Lands quests.  Also, unrelated, opened up North Downs and finished my Journeyman Scholar quest.  I had to "make a poem" with items both dropped and 1 item found (quest item in North Downs).  Nice quest content, good storyline. 

I have yet to meet any cockblock, quest, area or challenge I couldn't attempt alone or with a PUG (and PUG's in this game seem to always be available).  Honeymoon for me in this game is still on.

Edit: meant to also say, "I have yet to meet any cockblock" -- none, nothing, nadda.  Level21 only, but zero grind so far.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 02:04:32 PM by Soln »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 01:30:50 PM

I feel that the fact I got to the end of an instanced level 18 Fellowship quest with just a hunter duo speaks volumes.  And it was fun!

My wife wants me to catch up to her in the Epic line, but I really want to see what sort of trouble I can get into in Lone Lands instead.  I'm doing grey quests in Combe and Staddle, but there a couple of green ones in LL that are tempting me.  Also I need to get the twisted wood for my woodworker quest!

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 02:49:00 PM

I am in love with the legendary system and working on getting 6 tied to me so I can level them up then nuke the for RUNES.

The battle last night was in Moria; I was questing in a random location and Marween showed up to do what he does.  As we waved hello some random person ran by with an elite Orc Leader on his ass; we decided to assist the person in taking it down (none of us were grouped). 

The random person was busy healing herself (Minstrel) while Marween and I started hacking on him; since we were not grouped I decided to only aggro as needed, even backed off a couple times to let Marween take some hits.  Well, the random was down to maybe 10% health, so I let out a scream which bound the mob to me for the time being.  From there Marween and I hacked it down as best we could; finally I had to hit my HOLYSHIT RUN FAST ability and dip.  Marween let out his scream ability and took the aggro right before I went down; I dove between some orcs and managed to get out without taking a fatal hit.

It was really quiet exciting to say the least!

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 02:54:49 PM

Just getting back into LOTRO, taking it slow, so only a level 16 Guardian so far.  Forgot how much I liked this game in beta, current plans are to get to 35 for a mount, then go back through the low level zones to pick up as many deeds as possible before heading for 50 and Moria.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 02:56:03 PM

Irrelevant to you guys, but I'm running instances! :) They're so much better in Moria, the small ones in Eregion (School and Library) are a blast to do with queer (like LM+Burg+Capt) group compositions.

Turbine are pretty fast learners it seems, the grind to reward ratio has been improving rapidly since launch.

...only a level 16 Guardian so far...
Good choice, IMO. :)

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 07:23:39 PM

Just getting back into LOTRO, taking it slow, so only a level 16 Guardian so far.  Forgot how much I liked this game in beta, current plans are to get to 35 for a mount, then go back through the low level zones to pick up as many deeds as possible before heading for 50 and Moria.

This should be everyones plans.  Traits make a difference, but you need level 4+ to really see it.  You on Brandywine?

Also - 2 handed weapon 4tw as a guardian.  Trust me.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Mr_PeaCH
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 08:33:51 PM

Also - 2 handed weapon 4tw as a guardian.  Trust me.

Guardian here as well; just picked up a sweet 2-H hammer and was flooded by memories of my old DAoC blunt polearmsman.  Definitely plan to give the 2Hers a go now, thx.

COME ON YOU SPURS!
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 12:35:32 AM

You on Brandywine?

No G something in the EU.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 12:56:09 AM

Gilrain. :)

So... what's wrong with Laurelin, hm, HM?

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 05:03:11 AM

Laurelin is Roleplay, I can't face that.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 05:14:00 AM

Why twohanded? When I last played 1h Axe and Shield was the way to go. 2h buffed so that it offsets the missing block chain abilities?

As of what I am working on. Hunting down the last missing platinum ore for my master ring, doing Jewellers Guild faction quests and inching towards 41 while doing so.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 05:26:34 AM

Guardians got Overpower stance with their class review. It disables Block and adds 15% to damage. It's practically a two-hander stance and really gives Guardians an edge solo. In addition, the parry reaction line got Salt the Wounds (large bleed DoT when applied ontop of Thrust) and various tidbits.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: December 02, 2008, 06:32:25 AM

I'm level 48 and my wife is level 45. She's doing Volume 2 Book 1 to get her first legendary. I ran into Moria last night to work on Book 2 just for the hell of it and spent a ton of time saying "Hun! Look at my monitor? Isn't that cool/beautiful/scary/big?" depending on what I was looking at at the time. They have done a good job with scale in Moria for the most part.

I'm starting to realize that I am going to level cap without seeing all of the content. I've barely set foot in Eregion or Forochel. I have done maybe 40% of the Angmar content. Maybe 60% of the Misty Mountains and Evendim content.

Heart legendary items.

There really is no grind in this game to level. The grinding really is in deeds and reputation. I'm trying to decide which places to grind my rep in. So far  Weaponsmithing Guild and Bree seem to be my two favorites. Though I'm going to work on rep in Moria as well I think.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: December 02, 2008, 11:27:06 AM

Tried it, but unless I get a kickass twohanded axe I rather go with the self heal from the blocks for longevity.

In other news I got enough money to liberate my house again and my keg is still there. Onwards to drunken exploring. Man, I forgot how much I love the little things in this game!
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 11:33:09 AM

Tried it, but unless I get a kickass twohanded axe I rather go with the self heal from the blocks for longevity.

In other news I got enough money to liberate my house again and my keg is still there. Onwards to drunken exploring. Man, I forgot how much I love the little things in this game!

I more love the fact that booze isn't just a tacked on thing like it is in every other game.  There are quests, orgs, and seasonal events planned around getting wasted.  Plenty of respect to Turbine for that one, someone on the team loves their beer.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #16 on: December 04, 2008, 09:25:13 AM

The pub "crawl" was fantastic.  I loved how the people you had to speak to were also getting more and more drunk.

I haven't been able to get on since the weekend.  Sigh.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: December 04, 2008, 09:49:49 AM

The pub "crawl" was fantastic.  I loved how the people you had to speak to were also getting more and more drunk.

The pub crawl is awesome, that introduced me to exactly how bad the drunk effects can get.  There was another great event during their spring event where you had to get smashed, and then run along a crooked fence, which also included a jump or two, and it had a timer, so you couldn't just take it easy. 
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: December 04, 2008, 09:56:34 AM

There was another sorta cool quest during the summer festival, where you planted mushroom spores. If you went back to the same NPC when she came back for the harvest festival, you got a decorative pot of black mushrooms to put in your house.

*proud owner*

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: December 04, 2008, 10:01:23 AM

Is there a Christmas holiday event? i seem to recall one, but it may be usurped by the Moria expansion.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: December 04, 2008, 11:36:21 AM

Yes. It's on the Calendar. It's starting I think the 17th and ending January 6th.

Nope. I was wrong. It starts the 11th!

http://forums.lotro.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=144&day=2008-12-11&c=1

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: December 04, 2008, 01:08:23 PM

"You seem to have misplaced your pants. This makes you sad".

Debuff icon - a sad panda.

Thats what I am doing right now. Becoming an online alcoholic for laughs!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
acerogue26
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: December 05, 2008, 01:01:48 PM

The pub crawl is awesome, that introduced me to exactly how bad the drunk effects can get.  There was another great event during their spring event where you had to get smashed, and then run along a crooked fence, which also included a jump or two, and it had a timer, so you couldn't just take it easy. 

That quest was awesome, but the fact that the reward is usable furniture was even more awesome. I had a couple of sessions just seeing where the party would go next.
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: December 05, 2008, 01:21:15 PM

That quest was awesome, but the fact that the reward is usable furniture was even more awesome. I had a couple of sessions just seeing where the party would go next.

was this a seasonal quest?
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: December 05, 2008, 02:19:59 PM

was this a seasonal quest?

The fence one was, that was part of their spring event.  The pub crawl I don't believe is, but I could be wrong.

edit:  here's a writeup of what was in that spring event:
http://www.gaxonline.com/profiles/blog/show?id=1511077%3ABlogPost%3A103677

I got my pirate hats and eye patches from this event, which I'm still wearing.  They're rad.

I didn't see chickenball mentioned in there, but I'm pretty sure that was also active in that event.  Basically, soccer with chickens.  Stop and ponder the insanity.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 02:26:15 PM by Ard »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #25 on: December 08, 2008, 06:07:55 AM

Well, I got in good with the Inn League by doing the booze run associated with the Fall Festival at the Party Tree.  I don't have any idea how to get in otherwise.  Once I finished it up, I think I was Acquaintance with them and had ten or eleven of the twenty-three local brews for the deed.

My wife said I had to catch up with her on the Epic line, so yesterday I took the time to finish the Prologue quests that I had not done... which brings me to a complaint that I should not be able to so easily jump ahead in the Epic chain.  I do think that people should be allowed to do so if they want, but it is so easy to get ahead of yourself that I would like to see some sort of warning system in place.  I was just fucking around and
That aside, I got up to about Book 1 Chapter 7, at which point she changed her mind and wanted me to help her do Bone Man.  Didn't get to that, will do it later.

Then I had some weird desire to play my Weaver.  PvM is sort of fun, but I feel very underpowered.  The complete lack of death penalty, other than being teleported away, is nice but my spider walks too slowly.  Seems that way, anyway.  I am Bregigil, if anyone else does some monster play.

After that I spent a little time getting my Guardian, Fatwing, from 9 to 11 by doing hobbit-quests outside Staddle.  Next I will take her back to Chetwood and see how much of that can be done without a PUG, but I'm thinking I will have to get one.

Finally, I went off to get some twisted wood from that jerk in Lone Lands so I can get ahead in my Woodworking.  I took about nine-hundred quests at the Forsaken Inn, and I'm glad I did because I can't find damn Mithrinost or whatever and I'm chewing through lots of things I am supposed to collect shit for.  It's funny to see a gang of lv 19 pussies creeping into one of those goblin forts while I cruise through the same place solo... but I guess they were mostly LM, I suppose.

Lianka
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: December 08, 2008, 11:57:01 AM

Finally, I went off to get some twisted wood from that jerk in Lone Lands so I can get ahead in my Woodworking.  I took about nine-hundred quests at the Forsaken Inn, and I'm glad I did because I can't find damn Mithrinost or whatever and I'm chewing through lots of things I am supposed to collect shit for.  It's funny to see a gang of lv 19 pussies creeping into one of those goblin forts while I cruise through the same place solo... but I guess they were mostly LM, I suppose.

Is this in Minas Eriol, where the Goblin leader and statue thing were?  That took me about 2 hours with a disasterous PUG, and the end wasn't all that satisfying (we'd made it to the last mob of goblins, had a 51 minstrel come in and help us finish, it was still touch and go).  I would have been level 23 or so, and iirc, it's a level 21 or so quest. 

So yeah, if it was those goblin ruins (or at least that section of it), I don't blame the 19's for creeping into it.  And if you can solo that area, I bow to you. 

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #27 on: December 08, 2008, 01:01:56 PM

I am talking about the goblin fort directly south of Forsaken Inn, and I'll point out that I only went in as far as the first big left turn to the north and I was atop the wall on the south.  I cleared the top of the wall and jumped down to watch a duo who came in with me finishing up the lower path... shortly afterward I decided to get back to finding that twisted wood and exited the same way since visibility is much better on top of the wall.  On the way out was when I saw a full group of 19ish people at the entrance, so maybe they were just gearing up to go All The Way.  If the goblin concentrations and levels increased further in, I'd probably have to get help.  I'll check it out after I find that damn wood.

Instead of wood, I found an elite dwarf (Shornbeard clan?) that managed to kill me.  Bleh.

Edited in a bit of clarity.

Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: December 08, 2008, 01:14:32 PM

That's Minas Eriol.  Farther in and southerly all the gobs turn elite.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #29 on: December 09, 2008, 05:46:06 AM

Found the twisted wood.  Not sure why Harmon wanted to die, but apparently he did, and so did his elite dwarf outlaw buddies.  Hit level 22 sometime around then while doing Forsaken Inn quests, and after we poisoned some goblin food my wife went to bed.  She told me to not play without her, but we negotiated that I could do the Woodworker quest without her, which makes plenty of sense, and I did.  I even made her a yew bow.

Then I talked to the crafting guild guy in Bree-town and he said I should go see Viola, but he didn't say where she was except that she was in Esteldin.  Couldn't be Michel Delving, it had to be a hidden city in a place where the wildlife was all red to me.  Big thanks to Cheddar for leading me in and also killing something nasty that would have eaten me.  Now I'm in the Woodworker Guild and I need about 170 more yew. awesome, for real 

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: December 09, 2008, 06:22:18 AM

I have a similar deal with my wife. I only log on to craft and stuff without her. It makes things more fun for both of us if we get to duo alot.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #31 on: December 09, 2008, 06:41:08 AM

Do you ever log in to find your wife is mysteriously a level above you? awesome, for real

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #32 on: December 09, 2008, 07:12:18 AM

Cheaters: World of Warcraft.

"Me am play gods"
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: December 09, 2008, 09:47:10 AM

Do you ever log in to find your wife is mysteriously a level above you? awesome, for real

Nah. I'm about 2 1/2 levels above her. She's an MMO newbie so I tend to outlevel her without really trying.

Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: December 09, 2008, 11:59:02 AM

My spouse and I have a clear agreement not to level our main's without the other, so we harvest and play alts when the other isn't available.

We did "Retake Weathertop" last night with a full group.  A complete team with everyone in the right level brackets (21-25 I think) was really refreshing.  And we curbstomped the mobs all the way up.  Amazing how things cook when you bring the recommended team size and composition.

But that end boss Mountain Troll -- holeeeeee fug he was hard.  Was a really satisfying win when we brought it down first try with no deaths.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: What are you working on?  
Jump to: